Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Summer crappie fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Summer crappie fishing

Hello
    I'm new to crappie fishing and I just can't catch any fish.I tried working stumps bridge poles and fishing at the marina.I need advice on where to fish for summer crappie and the proper tecnique.Like how deep jig size, trolling maby.All I know is that it's summer I'm out of school and I'm sitting on the lake for hours and not catching anything.Please try to be very through on everything cause I'm new and don't really know all the terms yet.By the way I live in east texas and it's pretty hot.Thanks Evan

Post Thanks / Like

I heard from a very reliable sourcs that there aren't any fish in Texas because the illegal aliens stold them all!... just kiddin' ya.

I take it you have a boat and fish finder? If yes, read this... especially the part about the thermocline and how to find it.

Find the Thermocline using your Sonar Fish Finder

Once you find the fish, all you have to do is make them bite... that can be a hard job to do sometimes! A live wiggling minnow just above a Crappies head is nearly irresistible. There's also ling line trolling jigs and crankbaits, do a site search for both and read about them!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GCD View Post
    I heard from a very reliable sourcs that there aren't any fish in Texas because the illegal aliens stold them all!... just kiddin' ya.

I take it you have a boat and fish finder? If yes, read this... especially the part about the thermocline and how to find it.

Find the Thermocline using your Sonar Fish Finder

Once you find the fish, all you have to do is make them bite... that can be a hard job to do sometimes! A live wiggling minnow just above a Crappies head is nearly irresistible. There's also ling line trolling jigs and crankbaits, do a site search for both and read about them!

I am new to this too, but this is some GOOD advice. Crappie are strange and hard to figure out!

Just pay attention when you do catch one and pay attention, you may be onto a pattern and stick with that pattern until you can't stand it any longer, then try something else. Hope that this helps a little at least.

There is alot of helpful people on this site use the "SEARCH" option and read, read, read.
    Crappie are snobby..... Why can't they be easy to catch...Like bass?

Post Thanks / Like

Summertime crappie fishing means pulling crankbaits. Twenty of us MS C.C'ers fished a tournament at Sardis lake Saturday, and all but one team pulled cranks and nearly everyone had limits. Go to the MS board and read "Pulling cranks - 101". Yes it's my post, but that is how I learned and it's paying off.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Don't overlook pulling a roadrunner with a maggot on it either....