Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Color Clector

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Color Clector

My buddy bought one of these yesterday http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...h-results1.jsp

I have my doubts as I use to have one of the older type. But I guess we'll see. BTW, they are $10 cheaper at BPS.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Yeah, we'll see alright ....

I still have one of the previous versions of this type of unit, the Combo-C-lector (temp/color/pH). I bought the Color-C-lector when it first came on the market (mid 70's), but didn't really use it as much as I probably should have. I was young, impatient, and just getting into "serious" Bass fishing. Sold that unit and purchased the Combo unit, thinking it would help me more by the added features. Long story short ... since it mostly told me to use blue/char (since the water clarity of the lakes I was fishing was nearly identical to each other) I pretty much gave up on it. The pH meter feature always seemed to show that the water was "fine" (pH wise) ... and the temp gauge information never really struck a chord, either. I was already there, & I was more interested in "fishing" than "calculating" :D
    My Combo-C-lector unit usually spends its days in the closet ... though I have used it a "few" times, in the last 20yrs or so. Maybe that's where I got my preferrence to using blu/char tubes for Crappie, I don't know. I've graduated from minnows, to white jigs, to chartreuse jigs, to blu/char jigs, to so many different colors/combo's that I have to carry two tackleboxes :rolleyes: I still catch fish on All of 'em, at one time or another ... I just don't bother to take a "unit" to tell me which one ... LOL!! Guess I'm still more interested in "fishing" than "calculating" ... and using my experience/knowledge to fool'em into taking my offering. ....... cp

Post Thanks / Like

any one k

now how to get this vb code turned off site is all blue and cant send attachments jimfisk
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Jim ...

go to the very bottom of the page ... left corner. Make sure it says "test 2" in that "Style Chooser" box. I think that's your main problem. "Test 1" will give you a dark blue screen background & white letters. You may have to log out and back in ... or jump thru some other hoops to make the change back to "test 2", as I don't think the Style Chooser link is on the "test 1" screen. But, that's what is causing your problem ... not the vb code.

I have the vb code turned ON ... and have no problems posting links or pics, or seeing pics/visiting links. ......... cp

ps - If you don't see the "test 1 - test 2" link I'm talking about ... hang on and keep checking back on this post. Someone will eventually see this and help you out.