Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: resizing picture

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default resizing picture

www.bobsjigs.com

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

1023 pixels...I'd say resize to 800 pixels.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gabowman View Post
    1023 pixels...I'd say resize to 800 pixels.
    it would help if I knew how to run my camera I think we figured it out I try one more shot it.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snake River View Post
    it would help if I knew how to run my camera I think we figured it out I try one more shot it.
    You don't have to do anything to your camera Snake, you can resize on Photobucket. Just click on edit at the top of your pic, then click resize and it'll give you different size options. 800x600 is a good size.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Hey, Snake ...

You're using Photobucket .... so just set your size option BEFORE you upload pics into your Photobucket account. "Large 640x480" is what I generally recommend as the largest picture size for posting on the site.

Right under the green banner that says "UPLOAD IMAGES AND VIDEOS" .... there's a line that reads : Tip: Hold down CommandCTRL to select multiple files. (more options)

Click on the "more options" link (highlighted in blue) and a screen will come on that will give you size options. Choose the "Large" option by clicking on the circle to the left of the description ... then click on "Save" button, at the bottom of the screen.

That's kind of a "set it & forget it" way of uploading your pics. Every pic you upload to Photobucket will be that size (when posted) .... so, if you "wanted" to post a different sized picture, or email someone a different sized picture, then you could just do as GCD stated (for that one picture).

It really depends on where you "use" the majority of your Photobucket pictures, as to what size you want to upload them. I've just found the Large 640x480 to be the best all around size for most applications. People I email pics to, say that my pics are "fine" and they can see good detail in them. People have emailed pics to me, and they cover the whole screen & beyond (meaning I have to scroll the picture up/down/sideways, just to see the whole picture :p ) .... AND, I have a 21" widescreen monitor !! They just left the default setting of their hosting site, when they loaded the pics, and those are usually really huge file settings.

... cp