Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tear-dropper jig

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tear-dropper jig

This is a jig that I think will make a great dock shooting jig. It is a stinger tail jig with a head or body shape of a teardrop. I shoot the jigs and then redip them, so every jig may have a little bit different shape, however they are all pretty much the same. I really like this style and think I will slaughter the crappie on it this winter. Also here are a few swim baits or paddle tails I poured up as well. I mainly cast jigs and the stinger style jigs work great for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

looks good!

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like the pearl/ pearl chart jig. All of them will work good long lining too. Nice!
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

thanks jigtwins and stump I like that color as well. The tails glow in the dark

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

those are some hot looking baits you got there.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

thanks snake

Post Thanks / Like

What kind of jig do you use with the teardrops? They look
    great !

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tnvol View Post
    What kind of jig do you use with the teardrops? They look
    great !
    I used a jig that is close to them with a 1/32 jig-head this year and it out caught my other jigs I were using that day. When the water was 70 it was a hot jig. Doesn't look like it would do anything in the water but the crappie liked it
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

tnvol, I just use a plain 1/16 ounce round ball jighead with barb on those kinds of baits. Like stump says, they really have no action in the water that would make you think fish would hit them. I think the tail is the key. I guess it is the same effect as the BGBS. The tails have some kind of effect in my opinion. They may move just the slightest bit in the water or something. I believe it is the tail doing the trick. One thing I know for sure though is, those type of baits catch alot of crappie. Late fall and winter when I start back fishing (If I have the time) I will post pictures of my catch with them.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oooohhhhhhhhhh Nnnnnnooooooo!!!!!!!!

HEY SEEKER!!!!!!WE HAVE A CRISIS!!!!!!!!! my son and I went out today and ended up vertical jigin a brush pile with those sample tear drop stingers you sent............and..........just...........hammer ed them poor crappie :D, we sore lipped over 100 & had a ball, pouring rain, very overcast skys, and non-stop crappie action, was unreal. we was more so dead sticking them with very little movement on a 32nd size head I had grousefly make for us, but man it was non-stop, until some stinging rain and distant thunder had us running for the ramp, oh yea back to my crisis........we only got 2 left!!!!!!!! sending you a PM about some more of those if your intrested in makin em for me, we have a tourney in Aug that I would love to have some to use, any way just figured I would let you know how they did, have a great one yall, God bless.

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast