Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Falling water

DJG Guest

Default Falling water

Just wondering if anyone could help me out. Going fishing this weekend on a lake that I have never fished before and just got word that the DNR has dropped the lake level approx. 5 ft. in the last week for some dredging. Can anyone tell me what to expect to have to do to find catchable fish? the pattern had been Brush piles in 7 to 11 ft. of water. Thank you. DJ

Post Thanks / Like

Hey DJ,

If your surface temps are falling they should be trying to move shallower but with falling water levels they will be pretty nervous about it. I would expect the crappie to be pretty scattered, tight to whatever cover they can find and probably close to the deepest water available.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

DJG, I have just started fishing a new and totally different lake the last few months than what I'm used to fishing. Where I came from they didnt drop the water for winter pool. I adjusted very fast, just ask Fatboy. I have had success finding fish just like Jerry Blake said. They are scattered and holding very tight to cover in or very close to deep water. I have caught most of my fish between ten and twenty to twenty five feet with a little deeper water close by and shallow water close by. Usually on drop offs from about 5 ft down to 20 ft real fast with deeper water real close. Look for laydowns and brushtops. Shoot docks too if you can find them, I've caught some nice fish around them. Fatboy landed a nice blacknose the other day with a great shot under the dock. Work jigs very slow and bump the cover with them. Good Luck.

DJG Guest

Thanks fellas, wil apply your tips and see what happens. Thanks again, DJ

Post Thanks / Like

Default DJ Check my recent post with the picture of a spot that is like what you want find

DJ:
    I posted a new thread with a picture that shows a drop off from a point that reaches all the way into the deepest water in the area ( A river channel with an Outside bend close to the point). You find a spot like that and you can catch all kind of bass and Crappie. It's a perfect spot to fish if you can find them.

Quote Originally Posted by DJG
    Thanks fellas, wil apply your tips and see what happens. Thanks again, DJ
    Regards,

Moose1am