PDA

View Full Version : plastics storage question

wannabe fisherman
07-10-2010, 07:52 AM
How well do plastics,ie: tubes, solid body jigs hold up in plano boxes when stored in boat compartment? Boat sits covered outside in sun most of the day.
I'd like to know so that I don't have to carry so much in and out each trip.
Thanks
Louie

wohlfy
07-10-2010, 08:16 AM
Most hold up pretty well but it's been my experience for all my fishing equipment (rods, reels, baits, line) that the less exposure to extreme heat the better. Even a covered boat sitting in the sun day after day will get pretty warm.

GCD
07-10-2010, 08:21 AM
They'll be ok, just keep them in plastic bags inside your box. I keep mine in the covered boat that sits in the sun all day too and haven't had any problems.

Don G
07-10-2010, 08:43 AM
[QUOTE=GCD;1205376]They'll be ok, just keep them in plastic bags inside your box. QUOTE]

I totally agree..Don't take them out of the bags and put them in the individual compartments..They won't hold up that way..Leave them in the bags..

Locator79
07-10-2010, 10:20 AM
You can keep your hooks from rusting if you bag them up also!

skiptomylu
07-10-2010, 11:06 AM
Have always kept my soft plastics in my boat most of the time. Wouldn't leave them in the sun exposed, but in a box of a covered boat? I think they will be fine. I have some in my boat that have been in there way over a year and no trouble.

Now hooks I keep in one of the kind of plastic boxes that has the seal ring all around and these seem to work great for that as I have some that have been in the same box for years and not cheap hooks either, Gamakatsu I have a lot of. Never and I repeat, never put a wet hook back in that box.

Skip

Fatman
07-10-2010, 02:30 PM
Don't have a boat so my stuff always gets brought inside. But I gotta agree on keeping the plastics in their bags or some kind of bag.

Fatman