Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: catch and release day

Post Thanks / Like

Default catch and release day

was not what I had in mind when I headed to the lake, but what the heck, tried the brush piles folks been talking about, P on that that was a bust, so I went back to the shallow water, well that bite was still on and it was fast and furious, pitch the jig let fall about 5 to 6 feet deep fish on, dip one of the few trees in the area bam fish on, well I told you that to tell you this, sat down and the seat broke and I fell on my rather cute,butt man didn't know falling 2 feet could take 4 hours, or so it felt like 4 hours. hook in my tush, rod in my eye, tackle everywhere, well I get up and look arround well no body in the area watching, so I dusted my self off, gathered my pride which was running down my leg by now, eased into the other seat, checked my parts all there. ok back to fishing or so I thought, well remember the tackle I slung, well seems the little bags float. so gather the net, go chase the jig bags down dip, shake out, dip again. look arround dip again, shake in boat, little bags everywhere, looked like slayer at a mary jane baggin party, anyway now I think I will have a fresca, dog and cheese sandwich and rest a bit, to sore to clean fish to mad to care to sober to get mad , so I went to the dock, gave the fish to mr. kansas guy. loaded the boat,

water 79,clear partly cloudy, jig color black/silver white /silver sons creek area, on the points and the muddy flat in the middle 10 ft of water 4to 6 feet down,

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beagle u is a riot

I like the way you describe a perfect trip.......and still caught fish.....
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Beagle I'll bet it dosen't stop you from going again. Glad that your pride was all that was hurt.
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Wish I could have run into you today. Congrats on the catch and saving the pride!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    looked like slayer at a mary jane baggin party
    lol, you is crazy mike, that's hilarious, i'll bet you did look like me, funny stuff...sound's like a great day well except for the hook in your azz keep on them buddy
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

That right there caused me to double over oh gut hurts from laughing! Thanks for sharing the story Beagle. Glad your ok!

Post Thanks / Like

OUCH!! hope you didn't hurt anything other than your pride, but at least you caught some fish!
    How did that Catfish turn out in your new whiz bang smoker the other day?
    Ham Radio, the original wireless communications

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

Post Thanks / Like

I can just see it...which I gotta say is pretty funny! And a bit scary... glad it wasn't worse! Chasing down the tackle...my favorite part.

It'll get better, Beagle...right? Hang in there sir!

Post Thanks / Like

Well sounds like the entertainment value of the fishing trip matched the fish catching part, glad you're ok.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you you are well Beagle, sounds like they are everywhere down there. Good job.
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast