Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: boats

Post Thanks / Like

Red face boats

i need some advice on a war eagle boat ... pros and cons

Post Thanks / Like

I hear the welds crack alot. Just heard that don't know first hand.

Post Thanks / Like

If he don't reply anyway, shoot ShilohRed a pm, he's got two of 'em,
    and is well pleased from what I've heard.
    Last edited by J White; 01-23-2006 at 07:25 PM.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 of them a 2003 model 2072-LSDV bought in Sep of 2002. And a 17ft tiller boat bought in 2004 and its a 2004 model War-Eagle will build it like you wont' not like they like it.
    Also not to start a Pi$$ing contest here. But I keep hearing the cracked welds, I think its like Big foot you hear of it but never see it.
    I have heard that for years and I still have never seen one. And know lots of people that have one.
    I for one Think its one person that was using one like a tank and not like a boat. Caused it to fail

Now for pros... War-eagle will work with you on how you would like the boat to be built. The dealers will even tell you. WE need to know what you would like on your boat. As War-Eagle builds them to fit you not the other way around. Also 17ft and above has the 12 degree hull, Better ride then a lot of the other boats. I looked at every tin boat out there and picked the eagle. Also you will have people tell you they cost way more then XZ boats. The standard hull price was the same as a few others and lower then one or 2. But start adding stuff and the price does go up. Also rides good for a tin boat. Nothing like a glass boat but then again you know that going in.

Cons. Let me see I know theres a few. My 2072 is rated for only 7 people and 720 lbs. Wish I coud find 7 people that could get by on that. But the boat is rated for a 150 motor.
    Unless you do find what your lookign for on a dealers lot you have to wait 6+ weeks for the boat to be built.
    Boat is heavy for a tin boat. My hull weight on the 2072-LDSV with 18 gallon fuel tank is 1150 lbs. And that just the empty hull weight.

Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I do know one huy that had to send his back to have a crack weld fixed. I can get his story on here if anyone is interested.

Post Thanks / Like

thx. ShiloRed for your advice i'm looking at the 1860with a 115 on it .i'm also looking at the lowe boat ....stinger 180. but i 've gotit in my head i want the war eagle . again i thank you for your information.

Post Thanks / Like

well I guess old chopped liver here won't even call the guy and get the story for you. Good Luck with your purchase and glad to be of not much help apparently.

Post Thanks / Like

Other than the name I've heard they are good boats. War Eagle= "crappie team" LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Sac-a-Lait ... i'm sorry i didn't see your last response till i checked it again. i would like to hear from him before i make a bad mistake . boats cost to much nowdays to make the wrong decision.so any input i can get would be appreciated. sorry i missed your response.

Post Thanks / Like

Bubba I've got the 2004 Lowe Stinger 180W and love it! I looked at the War Eagles and was really impressed with the craftmanship. I think they hold their value pretty well too.
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast