Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stockton 7/24-27

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stockton 7/24-27

I am planning to stay at a buddy's place in El Dorado Springs and I will be near Stockton July 24-27. I plan to find some time to throw my line in. I would welcome ideas of where to go accessible by canoe, or someone willing to meet up and take us out on the water.
    look me up on facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=1491513101

Post Thanks / Like

pick a cove, any cove and look for the green D.O.C. signs and work the brush piles or hit the shallows for a good bite, come down 39 highway to sons creek there is a launch right past the bridge and real good slow boat fishing all along the bluffs either side of the creek, good crappie fishing up there. good luck and keep in touch I may be up that way .

Post Thanks / Like

I would think Greaser Creek might be a good spot. You would be able to launch real easy and plenty of trees to fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Greaser is good if the Jet skiers arent there that weekend. There is a place at Googer Creek that you can put in at since you are using Canoes. The place Beagle mentioned at 39 HWY on Sons Creek is the best bet if you dont mind a little drive.

Post Thanks / Like

I am Eldorado Springs as planned. I am thinking of taking the canoe to stockton Monday morning, but I am open to other options if anyone else wants to go,
    look me up on facebook!

Post Thanks / Like

Too hot for me.
    Take your rain gear.
    And GET OFF THE LAKE IF THE WIND COMES UP.
    I'm serious. A canoe on Stockton could be a really BAD thing, no matter what part of the lake you are on.
    I'll smoke just about anything (in my smoker)
    The fishing is always great. The catching varies.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree good luck and be careful you have to respect that lake for sure. Hope you catch a bunch and for what it's worth if I was fishing from a canoe I'd hit sons creek at 39 hwy. lots of good fishing real close to the ramp there.

Post Thanks / Like

Might start by going to the Corp web site for Kansas City district and looking up locations of brush piles. Pick an area that has one or two close to an access point and look for green signs. Be advised of wind forecasts and direction and possibly pick sites that would be close and unaffected. Minnows over piles seem to be as good as anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck. Its been tuff. Hopefuly last nights storms will make things better.Greaser cove is protected if any big winds do come up. Also a place at the State Park on 215. You can put in at the boat ramp on the south side. If you need some directions to places PM me and I'll give you my number.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peculiarmike View Post
    Too hot for me.
    Take your rain gear.
    And GET OFF THE LAKE IF THE WIND COMES UP.
    I'm serious. A canoe on Stockton could be a really BAD thing, no matter what part of the lake you are on.
    It looks like its gonna be in the low 80's today. I am thinking of going to Stockton in the morning. Weather reports 70's and no rain!
    look me up on facebook!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast