Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Info on Muddy or Steele Bayou (Vicksburg area)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Info on Muddy or Steele Bayou (Vicksburg area)

I just moved back to the Vicksburg/Jackson MS area. I've been catching a few slabs at the Ross Barnett spillway but am looking for anyone on the board that is familiar with Steele/Muddy Bayou's spillway outside Vicksburg. I fished there about 7 years ago when I was employed by the Corps of Engineers and had good luck on the crappie and white bass. Any information shared would be appreciated. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I dont fish there much anymore but you might want to try the Mississippi Dept of Wildlife fishing forum. There appears to be more MS folks on that forum. www.msdwfp.com.
    I fish mostly just south of Vicksburg, Palmyra Lake. Can be very good at times for Crappie and is a super Bluegill lake. You ought to give it a try sometime. The MS river has been too low for 3-4 months to get in it but back up now. Hard to get into when Ms River is under 10' on Vicksbueg gauge.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Thanks for the info

Thanks for the info Jigdancer. I'll try the site and looking forward to hitting those oxbows in the Vicksburg area soon in a few weeks. Definitely enjoyed the bluegill and shellcracker fishing over there years ago and looking to getting back into the swing of things.

Drift_Wood is offline Moderator TN Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bump