Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: doing a lot of upgrades

Post Thanks / Like

Default doing a lot of upgrades

to my old 84 hydra sport, I have installed a new 82# 24v trolling motor, and now to the livewell, I have a very large back livewell and a smaller front livewell, and they have a good intake pump with timer that still works on them, but want to install a recirc pump in the back livewell, what is a good and not spend a fortune doing it way to do this?? would a 500 gph pump rigged with timer and pvc do the trick.....?? any help would be appreciated...
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

I just had a new livewell built and has a 500 gallon pump that I wish I"d had gone with a 750. mine jas a overflow stand pipe which I think is necessary that I can take out and drain the livewell during the day to provide new water . I also put a orfice in the water outlet to bubble the intake and make oxygen in the water. Just my way hope it helps

Post Thanks / Like

A couple of the guys who fish out of john boats with us installed the Saver aerator and recirc. from bass pro. They work well from what I could see. They did use hose clamps and silicone to seal everything. I think it was 30 bucks.
    HOOKED-FISHING.COM CDC PROUD SPONSOR
    B'n'M Pro Staff
    Bobby Garland Crappie Baits Pro Staff
    Outdoor Writer

Post Thanks / Like

I meant to say the outlet not inlet bubble

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks guys

I will check out what bps has.........

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a pretty good setup on my Champion with a timer and all. But wish I could figure out to install a pump out on it though. My next boat will have it for sure. It is a pain to have to hold weigh in bag under the back of the boat while I drain the livewell to get enough water for the bag. Sounds like you will have a new boat when you get done Monty.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yeh the old girl

has plenty of power on both ends now, I have seen them guys shoot water into there bags with a pump at the weigh in, lots like a good way to go... that aero bait 5 gal. bucket phillip uses works good also, just heavy with 5 gallons of water to carry.... it is the water that is heavy not our fish.....

Post Thanks / Like

Monty,

The website I was telling you about is flow-rite.com/marine/livewell-builder. It may help someone else if they are having a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks Tom

will check it out.......soon.

Post Thanks / Like

My Skeeter Has The Best On It I Have Ever Seen. It Will Recirc Back To The Tank. The Fitting Through The Tank Goes Above The Water Line. When The Water Enters The Fitting It Has A Ventura That Mixes Air. Sucks Air From The Top And Discharges Water And Air In The Bottom Of The Tank. Its Made From Pvc And Easy To Install. I Wish The Nitro Had One. It Fogs The Tank W/ Air Bubbles. It Has So Much Power It Rumbles, You Can Hear It In The Front Of The Boat.

Did I Say Its The Best I Have Ever Seen? Its An After Market Device. I Would Have To Stand On My Head And Stick My Head In The Live Well To See Who Made It. Not Easy For Men Our Age. I Could Send A Pic If Interested.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast