Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone else ripping them shallow?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is anyone else ripping them shallow?

Yesterday at my local lake found a bunch of fish up shallow along the banks either spawning or dang near close to. Just crushed them but as I always do only brought 14 home for the family and let the rest do their thing. Are others around Pa catching the crappie up shallow?

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I did pretty good at Shenango lake sunday morning, but the fish were in 15ft water. Lots of big crappies, 10"-13". Only kept 15 for the freezer. All were caught on jigs and power bait, slow trolled about 2ft off bottom. Water temp is 58 degrees. Didn't try the shallows yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by chaunc
    I did pretty good at Shenango lake sunday morning, but the fish were in 15ft water. Lots of big crappies, 10"-13". Only kept 15 for the freezer. All were caught on jigs and power bait, slow trolled about 2ft off bottom. Water temp is 58 degrees. Didn't try the shallows yet.

Hi Chaunc,
    How is fishing this week? Had plans on Wed. to take a Business Friend to Pymuting but after that front went thru figured only way to caught fish would be with m-80's . Planning on Mon or Tues. of next week to hit Shenango . Please if you go give me a up-date on how you did! So far we had done real good at Wilhelm this year , fished it four times and have done good all trips. How are you doing on Squito ? I have seen your posts hope to hit that lake in 2-3 Weeks. Have fun, Zimmy

Post Thanks / Like

Zimmy, Fished Shenango the last 2 days and the fishing has been real bad. Been fishing the Orangeville and 846 areas. Marked fish but they just didn't want to hit. Water color is chocolate brown and high.

Was at Mosquito Tuesday and all I caught was some waves and one cat. We have to get rid of these high winds!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sparky
    Zimmy, Fished Shenango the last 2 days and the fishing has been real bad. Been fishing the Orangeville and 846 areas. Marked fish but they just didn't want to hit. Water color is chocolate brown and high.

Was at Mosquito Tuesday and all I caught was some waves and one cat. We have to get rid of these high winds!

Thanks Sparky,
    I was afraid the rain and cold fronts would do this. I am planning on hitting Mosquito next Thursday , Iam thinking I might as well get caught up on my Honey-do things till then. The water needs to warm up and clear up first. again thanks for the info and hope to see you on the water. Zimmy

Post Thanks / Like

Zimmy hit Pymatuning this morning and got 8 LARGE crappies, the smallest was 13 1/2 and largest was 15 3/4. All 8 places I tried had crappie biting. I'll hit it again tommorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sparky
    Zimmy hit Pymatuning this morning and got 8 LARGE crappies, the smallest was 13 1/2 and largest was 15 3/4. All 8 places I tried had crappie biting. I'll hit it again tommorrow.
    Fella's, i fished squito saturday morning for a couple hours and all i got was 2 cats. Left there and came over to shenango lake. I fished the launch bay and got 17 crappies and a couple gills. I went out this morning, same place, and got 30 keepers. All crappies. Only fished one area and only for 3 hours. When the rain picked up i left. Gonna fillet these fish and give them to my daughters, since they dont fish with me anymore.... all 5 are grown up now. Sparky try the bay. The water was still clear there this morning. 15ft water, 12 ft deep, with LIVE minnows. Didn't get any today on jigs. Zimmy, bring your buddy to shenango for some crappie fishing. They'll be moving up shallow when we get the next warm spell. Catch you guys later.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by chaunc
    Fella's, i fished squito saturday morning for a couple hours and all i got was 2 cats. Left there and came over to shenango lake. I fished the launch bay and got 17 crappies and a couple gills. I went out this morning, same place, and got 30 keepers. All crappies. Only fished one area and only for 3 hours. When the rain picked up i left. Gonna fillet these fish and give them to my daughters, since they dont fish with me anymore.... all 5 are grown up now. Sparky try the bay. The water was still clear there this morning. 15ft water, 12 ft deep, with LIVE minnows. Didn't get any today on jigs. Zimmy, bring your buddy to shenango for some crappie fishing. They'll be moving up shallow when we get the next warm spell. Catch you guys later.

Hi Chaunc, Sounds like you a good time. Planning on hit Shenango on Wed. or Thurs. not sure yet. I know the bay you are talking about, how is the upper end by your honey hole where I talked to you?
    Hi Sparky, That was some nice crappies you caught! I have been reading that the walleyes are on a no bite there. I havn't went in a week my fishing pole is gettin rusty. I'll let you guys know how I did. Thanks guys!

Post Thanks / Like

Zimmy, the fish are hitting so good in the bay that i haven't gotten up lake yet. They should be hitting at golden run and parkers this week. Gonna try to get up there after work one day this week. Dont know what day yet but i'll get there. Sparky, those are some nice crappies for this far up north. I catch them that size, consistently, down at Kentucky lake, but only once in a while up this way. Take some pics so we can all drool over them.

Post Thanks / Like

Chaunc, If my daughters are nice to the old man maybe I'll get a camera for fathers day. Trolled Shenango today for walleyes and didn't do any good. Caught 2 largemouth, 1 musky, 1 crappie, 1 stripper, and 1 cat. All were caught on gold and black hot n tot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast