Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!bait lights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!bait lights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey guys im looking to buy a bait light for night slab fishing but i cannot find much in the way of a quality light that takes a battery other than a 12volt and where we fish its off shore fishing and carrying my truck battery a half a mile and up and down hills aint much fun......so any ideas on lights would be a big help

azslabber is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

PM Bob#1.He's got some lights and a very small 12v battery that he sells.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Post Thanks / Like

Don't remember seeing any hills offshore before?

Anyway the LED Lights on my web site should work for you off your battery in teh boat you go off shore in. Battery draw is low and they are bright. I do think there is alos a link to their web site as I don't stock them. I get them if someone just wants me to, but you can buy it from them at the same price.

These are really high quality and kind of costly, but you can run over them in you car and not hurt them. Solid as a rock I say and small as to not need much room.

Can't say much about Bob's as I have not really seen or held one in my hand.

Green Light

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have seen Bob's and they are awesome. PM Bob#1
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep....Just give Bob#1 a phone call or a PM
    Bob Spare
    260-385-1960
    [email protected]
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

I think he means he fishes from the shore? lol

Heres what he wrote: "where we fish its off shore fishing and carrying my truck battery a half a mile and up and down hills aint much fun."

I believe he meant they fish from land and he just did not word it correctly. Why else would you hand carry a 12v battery up and down a bunch of hills?

In that situation a regular drop over the side boat light probably wont work for him as he dont want to carry a 50lb battery.
    I have some suggestions but never tried these myself:

You could get a smaller ATV battery to use but not sure how long it will power a light. Another suggestion is to get a big LED flashlight and hang it from a tree limb overlooking the water. The led flashlights are very very bright and they don't use much battery power.

I found some other battery powered fishing lights with an internet search. Check these out:
    Submersible LED Fishing Light - Battery Powered - 6 Green LEDs Optronics LED-100G

Amazon.com: Fish N Lite 6 LED Submersible Battery Powered (3aaa) Included - Optronics LED-100G…

One says it lasts 50 hours on a set of 3x AAA batteries & it only weighs like 1.5lbs. Easy to carry so you can probably get 2 or 3 of them for more light if you need it.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have much faith in Optronics, I never had this specific one, but others I have had made by them was junk.
    If he uses a ATV batters the light I mentioned should be fine, but it does have to be under water when on.

Sounds to me like he needs an ATV to get where he's going too?

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for all the help i ordered a 2 pack from underwaterfishinglights.net.....we fish on a causeway but its a h*** of a walk to get to where we fish and usually its just me and my dad and carrying 2 fishing poles a lantern a bait bucket a crappie basket and book bag used as a tackle box is enough to carry a truck battery is definitely out of the question
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 07-07-2010 at 07:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dan1 View Post
    thanks for all the help i ordered a 2 pack from underwaterfishinglights.net.....we fish on a causeway but its a hell of a walk to get to where we fish and usually its just me and my dad and carrying 2 fishing poles a lantern a bait bucket a crappie basket and book bag used as a tackle box is enough to carry a truck battery is definitely out of the question
    I walk to a couple of places that are some distance from where I park and I take a deep cycle with me for lights when I fish at night.
    Just put my gear in my garden wagon put in the back of the Blazer and when I get there take it out and pull it along behind. Beats carrying a battery anyplace.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Go to wally World or Radio shack and get a gel cell battery. They use them in kids riding toys. They have enough power to propel one of those little cars around the yard for a good 4 hours without charging. They weigh 2-7 lbs. depending upon what size you get. They run around the $30 mark. I use one for my depth finder during the winter for ice fishing and only have to make sure its charged at the beginning of the season and will last 4-5 months without recharging. That's 4-5 hours each day for about 100 days or so. The one I have is about 3"wide x 5" high x 7" long. Make sure you get the 12 volt one they make them in 6 volt also. Or look for a battery that you can use for ice fishing, the depth finder sometime you can get them cheaper. http://vexilar.com/pages/accessories...ies_v-110.html This one is $40 with a charger included.
    Last edited by sparkie51; 07-07-2010 at 08:05 AM.