Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Opinions on Stork Creek and Bear Creek

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Opinions on Storm Creek and Bear Creek

I meant STORM creek in the thread title...dont seem to be able to edit it. Anyway, just wandering what the opinion is of these 2 small lakes. They are pretty close to each other and look like they sit in beautiful areas. Any opinions on the crappie fishing..or any other type of fishing such as bass? bream? etc. Not finding much on the net. So once again here i am on crappie.com asking questions. I hope i dont wear out my welcome!
    Last edited by CarpPoop; 01-22-2006 at 05:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default storm creek/bear creek

ah storm creek!!! The lake is just north of helena. The lake is 625 acres. The most beautiful lake we fish. The crappie fishing there for us is awesome most of the year. Again, we use vibric roostertails most of the time. We haven't caught that many big crappie though. It is more of a numbers game. This particular lake has more catfish in it than any other lake we fish. We use nightcrawlers right against the shore. The lake has a good population of big hybrids. Don't see many people fishing for them. There is not a campground there. There is nothing there. We usually stay at the motel 6 in West Helena.

Bear Creek is about 8 miles north of Storm Creek. It is known as having the best population of big redears in the state. We don't fish Bear Creek nearly as much. Don't know too many specifics about it accept there is not a campground with electricity. This lake is also beautiful. It has more coves than Storm Creek.

Probably the best way to get to Bear Creek is from Marianna. Hope this helps.

Michael

Post Thanks / Like

storm creek & bear creek has a lot of crappie & bass in them people from around that area have better options to fish. check out horners neck just east of storm creek