Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any of you MO BOYZ been to Eufaula?

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Any of you MO BOYZ been to Eufaula?

Headed there for a family trip and got Brian Young booked for one day. I got his name and number from the OK board and everyone says he’s the best. Hopefully we’ll rip the Sooner Slabs!

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The JJ's go a couple times a year. They went for there anniversary a while back. I think they had Huckabee one day and Barry Morrow the next day. They had great sucess both days if I remember correctly. You might shoot Gary or Sue a PM. They go by "just jiggin".

Post Thanks / Like

A group of us went a couple of years ago and caught a bunch of slabs way up a creek on the south end of the lake. It's a great lake for some real quality fish. Best of luck.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

STLCrappieNightmare used Brian, and had nothing but good things to say. Sounds like they had a wonderful trip.

Hope you have a great time. I'm planning a trip down there myself, but things keep coming up.

Post Thanks / Like

Bill hope you and the family have a great tripl.
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

One of the best summer time crappie lakes there is, should be on the timber.
    Kevin Rogers-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mduncan62 View Post
    STLCrappieNightmare used Brian, and had nothing but good things to say. Sounds like they had a wonderful trip.

Hope you have a great time. I'm planning a trip down there myself, but things keep coming up.
    WOW i sure hope you can make it those out of state trips can be awesome......don't forget the camera
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck,stay safe and take lots of pics!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Tear 'em up, Bill!

Post Thanks / Like

Default This should sum it up

OkieDon
    Trophy King II Join Date: May 2009

2 men + 2 rods + 2 Jigs = 61 Crappie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, my trip with EB started off by my buddy standing me up. So it was just me and EB.

When we talked yesterday, EB decided to take me to Gaines creek and fish standing timber. I'd never been to Gaines creek so I was looking forward to it. I also told him I prefer fishing with a rod in my hand as opposed to a rod holder (but I will if I have to...kinda like fishin' with minners!)

Got on the water about 10 and Brian took me on one heck of a boat ride. I'm very glad he knew where he was going, because I sure as heck didn't! Finally, after zigging and zagging and twisting around that log and turning around that point, we came to back of a cove and we started throwing out 1/16 oz black/chtr jigs and letting them fall.

The first tree produced Crappie. The second and third trees produced 8 to 10 Crappie. Then we hit some areas with laydowns. Those had Crappie on them as well.

In fact, nearly every place we tried in the magic range, there were Crappie!

The magic factor was that the brush had to be in 4 to 6 ft of water and we fished from 1 ft to a foot off the bottom. If the brush was in shallower water, we caught bass. Any deeper and we didn't get bit.

Water temp was around 90. Air temp...I dunno but it was HOT!

Ended the day by keeping 61 keeper Crappie. Man O Man, am I glad that EB cleaned all those fish! We probably caught well over 100 fish today and that's not counting the ones we lost!

I thought I knew a little something about fishing standing timber. But Brian put on a Clinic! He showed me several things I was doing wrong and explained how to do 'em right. Standing next to him, fishing the same jig, on the same type of line, at the same depth, at nearly the same place in the water and he was besting me on nearly every tree!

EB says this is the Summer Creek pattern fishing standing Timber. IMHO, this is way better than fishing the spawn!

If you've never tried this type of fishing, you really owe it to yourself to give it a try. EB OWNS the Crappie with this pattern and the bite is ON at Eufaula! Can't wait to try it at some other places

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast