Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Louisiana!!!! check out my new jigs!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Question Greetings from Louisiana!!!! check out my new jigs!!!

Here are a few pictures of my new jigs. By late next week my website www.bluemondaytackle.com should be up and running. I will be featuring feather and hair crappie jigs. The ones shown are pheasant and moose-hair jigs. Bucktail and glow in the dark will be coming soon. The bucktail jigs will feature collarless jig heads. The ones provided are just displays. My products will feature kevlar and nylon thread and top quality natural hairs. Hair jigs will sell for around 1.25 and feathers for .99 cents. My glow in the dark jigs will feature bucktail and crystal flash glow fibers plus glowing heads with color coat 3 coats of earth ion glow and three coats clear coat, they will sell for 1.75 they have been field tested and work great in stained or muddy water, and of course at night. Please visit our site it should be up and running by friday. By then I should have my bucktail displays tied.Name:  DSCF1895.JPG
Views: 1118
Size:  113.7 KB

Name:  DSCF1893.JPG
Views: 1052
Size:  88.6 KB

Name:  DSCF1896.JPG
Views: 1028
Size:  113.0 KB
    I'll catch them all next time!!!!!

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

not very professional looking. very poor worksmanship for such a high price too.

Post Thanks / Like

I say they look pretty cool. The workmanship looks ok to me, but I am not a jig maker so I dont know. I will say that I have caught enough crappie to know I wouldnt mind having one tied on the end of my line. As far as price goes, jigs and hooks are the cheapest part of my trip when you add up gas, lauch, minnows, ice, snacks, oil.

When you get up and running shoot me a pm and I will sure givem a try.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Look just fine

Quote Originally Posted by chaunc
    not very professional looking. very poor worksmanship for such a high price too.
    To a Crappie, they look just fine. The materials that he is using are good quality and should produce some hits.
    One must remember that tying jigs is for the fish, not the humans. Any imperfections may be percieved by the fish as it being injured, which may induce a few more strikes.
    As far as price goes, if he can get what he wants for them, more power to him. I wish you luck!
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

I think it depends if the price iquoted is for each jig or for a bag of five, as he has in the picture. Looks like a magic marker was used as the paint brush, but hey- if whatever works for you at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

been tyin my own for 35 yrs. found out long ago that pretty only catches fishermen, not fish! keep up the good work!

Post Thanks / Like

Here is where a line gets crossed. Nobody wants to tell someone that the product they are producing, and attempting to sell, is not up to par. But if all we do here is remain politically correct and congratulate each other regardless of what we truly think,and KNOW, are we doing each other a favor ? I don't think so.

Carlos, Take it back to the drawing board brother, you've chosen the wrong jig head design for the job, your thread is too large, the marker applied dots ARE A POOR CHOICE, they will fade and bleed into the thread after a minute in water. It's just poor....sorry !

Sure they'll catch fish, but Wal-mart sells jigs 4 for .99 that will too. I hate to be taken as a jackass but you really don't have anything marketable here.

Please try again though.

Post Thanks / Like

these replies are what makes America Great....Love it or hate it but we all have the right to speak

Post Thanks / Like

Default Frankness

I did see a few flaws but wanted to remain tactfull as well though. Since Fishinwrench broke the ice (I can't say I disagree him him totylly), and in order to help, I'll give a few tips, from my perspective.

1. Your wraps are inconsistent and lumpy. Some jigs have a "neck"- some don't. This may lead to whirling if they aren't balanced and are used for trolling or chunking and winding.

2. The spots (eyes etc.) are not nice and round- small point but you have to catch the fisherman first.

3. The color combinations look like they were just thrown together. I would stick with the well-established color combinations first.

4. Is there a paint or epoxy covering the threads? It looks...interesting.

I do a little fly-tying and the standards I've seen people use are VERY rigid and particular. Do crappie care as much as trout? Probably not in most conditions, but you have to have a product people can't just look at and say "I might as well make jigs like these myself".
    Last edited by TwainGang; 01-23-2006 at 11:20 AM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like

I'm about as politically incorrect as they come - but SHEESH!
    Give the guy a break - If they sell, all is well, if they don't, he'll figure
    it out. Boy, I'd be scared to death to post any pictures of the stuff I
    fish with! Might get a little less critical reception though, on the swap-for
    sale board, or the "crappie small-busness" section?
    Last edited by J White; 01-23-2006 at 01:21 PM.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast