Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: `To All Hi-Tek owners

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default `To All Hi-Tek owners

No, this isn't a bashing. A short while back Cane Pole posted pics of his Hi-tek setup in his new boat. I wasn't alone in admiring the large plastic knobs that did away with the need for toting a wrench to adjust things. IF we could find them they might be cost prohibitive. Vendors sometimes take advantage of us. So being the cheapskate I am I have been nosing around for an alternative for my Hi-teks. A friend gave me these over the weekend and they work good. They have a shoulder which could be cut or ground off, but I'm not sure it's necessary. These are feet off of an appliance, used for leveling, and they're galvanized. I'm going to be trying them next trip out, but I think they'll be just fine. Here's a few pics;
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

skeetbum,
    into an open mind,
    ideas seem to flow.
    1perchjerker
    PS Keep it open for more good ideas we can use!

Post Thanks / Like

Should work well, I've got Tite-lok's and went to a place called "Diamond Screw" and bought some stainless hex-screws. I do have to always make sure to have a allen wrench in the boat, but they really secure the holders tighter than you could with a hand turned knob.

Also, just curious what year model Bee is that you have in the picture? Don't see to many, I've got a 1991 model V178FD.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You addressed my main concern, Brad. I don't know if I can get enough torque on it to give it a good tightening. In and out of the rod holders a few times while fishing will tell the tale.
    It's a 1988 178. Bought it a year ago as a garage queen, not much use. It's my first big boy boat, and I love it. Everything before this was aluminum or under 40hp. Original interior, gel coat in real good shape. Thanks for noticing. Bad deal is I don't have a garage yet and covering it all the time gets old. I use it every chance I get. I've even been known to go for the dreaded green fish sometimes. Like this mornin.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

I also had some holders with a wing nut could not keep them tight enough. I just place a 1/2" wrench over one of my screws on my hi-tek and have not lost it yet in rough water just my 2 cents worth.

Post Thanks / Like

Default knobs

How about these? The base may need to be a tad longer to get any hand torqe on the knobs.
    4 Tree Lounge jumbo knobs 2 Treelounge Bow platform NEW - eBay (item 120590725705 end time Jul-08-10 07:36:27 PDT)

Post Thanks / Like

That's why i will not purchase them and when a friend had put them on his boat the first thing was i gave'm a good rattle and suggested that a wing nut maybe, but i dont want to have to do that What about the perillie's? Sorry iam not going to purchase them set up the boat and have to hand craft something that cost more. Just my oppoin,take it for what it is worth!
    Holy "SNIKEIS" after re-editing and looking at night prower's post!
    I cant afford to do that for rod holder's so back to looking at the perellie's< Probably wrong spelling but they seem to look like once bought,that,s it?
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 07-06-2010 at 08:01 AM.
    Reel foot yankee

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

I think thats what I like best my hi--tecks--I can tighten them down with a wrench--
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Default Maybe I don't get it.....but

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    No, this isn't a bashing. A short while back Cane Pole posted pics of his Hi-tek setup in his new boat. I wasn't alone in admiring the large plastic knobs that did away with the need for toting a wrench to adjust things. IF we could find them they might be cost prohibitive. Vendors sometimes take advantage of us. So being the cheapskate I am I have been nosing around for an alternative for my Hi-teks. A friend gave me these over the weekend and they work good. They have a shoulder which could be cut or ground off, but I'm not sure it's necessary. These are feet off of an appliance, used for leveling, and they're galvanized. I'm going to be trying them next trip out, but I think they'll be just fine. Here's a few pics;
    what is the big deal about carrying a half inch wrench to make an adjustment now and then. When you lock them down....they are there almost like you welded them. I have had them on my boat for about 2 years now and they are great. I have got them set up like I want them and don't need to make adjustments. Just an opinion.
    Capt.C........Life's short. Be a friend. Eat good. Have fun and fish hard!

Post Thanks / Like

If you want knobs, here are some to choose from.

McMaster-Carr
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast