Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: On Board Battery Chargers!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default On Board Battery Chargers!!!

Thinking about buying a on board battery charger for the starting and the trolling motor and was wondering what would be the minimum amps for a 2-bank charger? Will be purchasing from Cabela's or Bass pro,maybe?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Len:

This is the one I use and it works well for me using it every day - http://www.minnkotamotors.com/produc...ers/MK_330.asp
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

I use the BPS XPS 4/4. Made by Pro Mariner. If you wait until spring sales you might get it real cheap. I think I paid 50 or 60 bucks for mine last March. In the catalog they are going for about 80 now I think.

anyone that you get, you will kicking yourself for living so long without one. that is the best investment that I've ever made for my boat.
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

I got mine from Cabela's. Pro Sport 12... 2 bank charger. A little high on price, but works great for me. Get on internet and do some reading on the on board chargers. A lot of good information on there..

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a XPS 5/5/5 last year, it's on the cheaper side but it keeps the batteries charged well for daily fishin. I bought it on sale at BPS on sale for 99 bucks, reg. 129. They have a XPS 10/10 for the same price. Also I had the three bank 10 amp one on my old boat for 3 yrs. It burnt out three weeks after the 2 yr. warranty expired. Mailed it back to them, expecting a repair bill. They sent me a new unit with another 2 yr. warranty no charge...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Dual Pro 10/10/10 it is a good charger and their customer service is great I had a Dual Pro 15/15 that was several years old and one bank went out when I called them about getting it repaired they no longer had parts for one that was that old so they gave me one heck of a deal on trading my old in on the new one. Dual Pro comes with a three year warranty if you have any problems call them and they will send you a new one and a return label for your old one there is no waiting to have the bad one repaired.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Len
    Thinking about buying a on board battery charger for the starting and the trolling motor and was wondering what would be the minimum amps for a 2-bank charger? Will be purchasing from Cabela's or Bass pro,maybe?
    You would want a 10/10 amp for 2 bank charger. They make bigger ones but this would be enought for what you want. If you have a 12 volt TM.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

have to agree with smedley and greenwing...one of best investments you can make for your boat and dual pro is great!

Post Thanks / Like

I am planning on buying a on board charger this Spring. Thanks for the good advise.

Post Thanks / Like

Only one I've ever had, Dual Pro XL 5+5. Wouldn't be without it!:D
    It's about five years old, I think the one that took its place is 6+6.
    Given a good full night, they have always topped off no matter how low
    they were.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association