PDA

View Full Version : 4th Of July Weekend On Truman Lake

kazualobzerver
07-03-2010, 05:12 PM
Started in an area by my lonesome this morning but an hour later had lots of new friends, counted 8 boats in this area with two or three more just downlake a few hundred yards. Somewhere in this bunch is Crappie Novice, nice to meet you both Rick and Pat. Just out of camera view is the JJ's, nice talking to you again Sue and Gary. Lots of friendly chatty folks and everyone seeming to have a good time. Nice morning to be out, caught one limit of keepers by noon but all C & R today. I'd tell you where at but seems to be enough folks there already. :D Trees, hard, hedges, and cedars all, 10 fow over 15-25, white / blue best.

olesilverside
07-03-2010, 05:15 PM
to a boat event like that......:) looks like a little fog or was that fog from your duck call........?? :D

kazualobzerver
07-03-2010, 05:19 PM
No fog, frog, or duck, think just my fingers touched the lens on the phone after fishing one of Bob's garlic baits out of the bag. Man I love the aroma of those things,,,hmmm, anyone up for Italian?

Speck
07-03-2010, 06:30 PM
Looks like you all were in the right spot Kaz!!!

Just Jiggin
07-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Good to c u kaz ..it sure was crowded. We fished t bout 2:30 and called it a day

KCMO CRAPPIESLAYER
07-03-2010, 06:56 PM
look's like a good time, feel sorry for the fish that are in that cove:eek:

got crappie
07-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Way to go Steve, I do know Monty, that he carries that duck call with him.

Ranger397V
07-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Looks like you need to change boats to stay hidden.:). Let me guess Bob's blue and white speartail:D. Good day glad you got on some.

Jigging15
07-03-2010, 10:34 PM
That is exactly what that flat looked like on Friday morning when I took the kids. Guess I should have took a number and got in line with the rest of them. Would have been more productive then the area I fished.

Double D
07-04-2010, 08:52 AM
Glad you had a good day Steve, is that my spot?

kazualobzerver
07-04-2010, 01:21 PM
Dexter, it must be your spot I guess,,,along with lots of other folks. Received one complaint that didn't tell where at. Was on the lower Grand, just look for all the boats. :)

Double D
07-04-2010, 02:50 PM
Ive showed Monty most of my good spots and now I cant remember where most of them are.

oldwhiskers
07-04-2010, 03:01 PM
It's funny how many new friends you get when they watch pulling fish out.

beagle man
07-04-2010, 03:02 PM
looks like a good spot to be, hope everyone had a good day,

olesilverside
07-04-2010, 04:21 PM
nephew and I were starting on last saturday in the tour.... thought we had it to ourselves and by 6am we had a dozen helpers around us......:D ah give me the week days..........

bwillaub
07-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the good report. Sure is good to hear that fish are being caught. I have been promised that the "right" starter will be in Tuesday. That's good, cuz the "wrong" one delivered last week cost me another week off the water! Uh oh, guess I'm bitchin again? Sorry, guys.

I will be on the water this week!

crappiencali
07-04-2010, 05:19 PM
Bob all you have to do is call and we could have gone out this weekend. Always a pleasure to fish with you.

bwillaub
07-04-2010, 11:14 PM
Bob all you have to do is call and we could have gone out this weekend. Always a pleasure to fish with you.

Well, now you tell me. Tis fine, Dave. I've spent a lot of time workin on "honeydo's" and my honey is very appreciative. :D Always a pleasure fishing with you as well. We'll have to do it soon. I need some new spots. ;)

stumpthumper80
07-05-2010, 08:11 AM
I think I recognize that spot. I can almost see you guys from my house.

kazualobzerver
07-05-2010, 09:35 AM
Ive showed Monty most of my good spots and now I cant remember where most of them are.

I don't know any good spots, makes my life much more simple. :) By the way, who's this Monty person you speak of?

CONCRETECRAPPIE
07-05-2010, 09:11 PM
sat morning my wife an kids were in a group of boats,got to be the same area i reconized the jj.we were in the big blue deck boat...we took 12 good fish off that flat.

C N
07-06-2010, 09:03 AM
Started in an area by my lonesome this morning but an hour later had lots of new friends, counted 8 boats in this area with two or three more just downlake a few hundred yards. Somewhere in this bunch is Crappie Novice, nice to meet you both Rick and Pat. Just out of camera view is the JJ's, nice talking to you again Sue and Gary. Lots of friendly chatty folks and everyone seeming to have a good time. Nice morning to be out, caught one limit of keepers by noon but all C & R today. I'd tell you where at but seems to be enough folks there already. :D Trees, hard, hedges, and cedars all, 10 fow over 15-25, white / blue best.

It's your ultra-magnetic personality, Kaz, that drew in all the boats! It was WONDERFUL to finally meet you! :) Glad you said hello! :)

C N
07-06-2010, 11:33 AM
That is exactly what that flat looked like on Friday morning when I took the kids. Guess I should have took a number and got in line with the rest of them. Would have been more productive then the area I fished.

The weekend of the CrappieMasters tourney we were one of only two boats at that location and had it to ourselves after about an hour. It stayed vacant for four hours. :)

jackb
07-06-2010, 11:51 AM
I don't know any good spots, makes my life much more simple. :) By the way, who's this Monty person you speak of?

The Wizard of Truman:)