PDA

View Full Version : Good day on Smithville 7-3-10

TnRidge
07-03-2010, 02:58 PM
Joedog and I got an early 5:30 am start this morning to beat the crowds . We decided to fish the main lake area for Walleye and Bass to start out .
Joe caught a nice 5.4 lb. bass while we were trolling cranking baits on a channel swing between two points in 8'
It put up a nice fight and I enjoyed being the net man watching the show . Congrats Joedog ! We also caught some short Crappie and Bass , but no Walleyes today.
We got off the water when the wind picked up , and before the yahoos invaded the lake .
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/TnScott/JoesSmithvillelunker.jpg

got crappie
07-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Wow biggest crappie I ever seen, Oh wait thats a trash fish. Way to go guys.

APKape
07-03-2010, 03:18 PM
Great job. Looks like a nice bass. You guys were actually really close to two nice brush piles by the golf course. I never see anyone fishing these piles. I would hit them ever third or fourth time I was out at the lake and pick up some nice crappies.

TnRidge
07-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Great job. Looks like a nice bass. You guys were actually really close to two nice brush piles by the golf course. I never see anyone fishing these piles. I would hit them ever third or fourth time I was out at the lake and pick up some nice crappies.
I think I got hung on one of the brush piles . :) We caught a few short crappie while trolling jigs in the area .
We tried a few spots up in Camp Branch for Crappie later in the morning ,but the wind picked up too much .

rugsrme
07-03-2010, 04:27 PM
Nice fish Joe, that beats my best bass by about .4 lbs:)
Sounds like you had a good day.

brushman
07-03-2010, 04:40 PM
nice fish joe. the crowd was getting pretty bad when we left about noon

TnRidge
07-03-2010, 07:43 PM
nice fish joe. the crowd was getting pretty bad when we left about noon
Yeah , the pleasure boaters were starting to crowd into the ramps when we left .:rolleyes:

blackdogs
07-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Sounds fun, nice fish.

Speck
07-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Heck of a bass Joe. Good job guys!

beagle man
07-04-2010, 02:43 PM
bass boo, good time yea, glad ya'll got to have a good time before the crazys got ya.

sevenfiftynine
07-04-2010, 03:00 PM
I think we should put a reality show together and call it "America's Dumbest Boat Launchers". Honestly, that is the funniest thing ever to see some of the knuckleheads trying to back their boat in all crooked and then realize after their trailer starts floating that they forgot to unhook the straps on the back....maybe I'm easily entertained.

But then I guess I can't throw stones because I actually forgot to put the plug in my boat twice in the same day....what can I say, the spawn was on and the boat was new to me....plus that, the sun was in my eyes, I got sunscreen where I didn't need sunscreen and I was out of chew. There, is that enough excuses????

Joedog
07-04-2010, 03:06 PM
Always a pleasure fishing with you, Scott. Thanks for helping me boat that fish. My biggest bass ever.

Next time we'll get some good walleyes and keeper crappies!

TnRidge
07-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Always a pleasure fishing with you, Scott. Thanks for helping me boat that fish. My biggest bass ever.

Next time we'll get some good walleyes and keeper crappies!

I enjoyed being the net man ! :)

jackb
07-05-2010, 08:23 AM
Glad you guys had a good day and left before the "regatta" started. My girlfriend and I and another couple took our boats out to watch the fireworks show Sunday evening. Everything was great till around 8 when the storm blew in. Needless to say it was a looonnng ride back to the W ramp:( And no fireworks:(

got crappie
07-05-2010, 09:21 AM
Jack they did shoot the fireworks they started after 10:00.

TnRidge
07-05-2010, 09:45 AM
I didn't need to leave my neighborhood to watch the fireworks last night . My neighbors had quite a display . :)

jackb
07-05-2010, 09:48 AM
Jack they did shoot the fireworks they started after 10:00.

Dave, 10pm I was still drying stuff off:)

APKape
07-05-2010, 11:56 AM
Dave, 10pm I was still drying stuff off:)

Jack, I was wondering if you made it out for the fireworks. I forgot about the storm last night.