Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Night fishing, best color light?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Night fishing, best color light?

Wondering if the green or red submersible lights made any differance in attracting the baitfish? The white seem to do ok in the past. They claim the green lights simulate the pre-dusk and post-dawn lighting that turn on the fish appetite. Any other experiences?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brobrash View Post
    Wondering if the green or red submersible lights made any differance in attracting the baitfish? The white seem to do ok in the past. They claim the green lights simulate the pre-dusk and post-dawn lighting that turn on the fish appetite. Any other experiences?
    I've never had any problems with the plane old white ones SUBMERSIBLE FISHING LIGHT - Agri Supply

I get bait fish and sometime large bait balls show up around this light.
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

I like the green submersibles. they draw less power than the big floating halogens, and they work great. Key is to try to locate baitfish previous to anchoring or tying off. Just my 2 cents:D

Post Thanks / Like

always used the old headlight floating kind, but from what I am reading on the main board the green light is the way to go, progress sometimes it is a good thing, I would say green light.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used the headlight, and I've used the green light. Both worked fine, attracted bait fish, and crappie. A guy can spend a lot of money for a light, but not sure the results are worth the price. I think the submersible keeps the bugs down a bit more.

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mduncan62 View Post
    I've used the headlight, and I've used the green light. Both worked fine, attracted bait fish, and crappie. A guy can spend a lot of money for a light, but not sure the results are worth the price. I think the submersible keeps the bugs down a bit more.
    I know when I bow fish vs green light crappie fish that a ton more bait fish come to the halogens vs any other. Of coarse I use 6000 watts of light bowfishing so that helps to :D I run a generator which is a whole other can of worms but its not loud at all. but you can get a 500 watt light for 10 bucks vs the 100 green lights plus batterys to run them, the generator work light is actualy cheaper in the long run
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax

Post Thanks / Like

I have one of the green submersible lights, I can't compare the two because I've never had one of the other kind.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I got green and white. I put a green out one side of the boat and the white out the other. The white draws ALOT more bait, but the fish I catcvh are about evened out on quantity on green vrs. white. I've fished A WHOLE LOT of times with just white lights out, but never with just green lights out. If I had to choose just one color I'd pick white. Theyve proven themselves to me.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

does white and green make blue water lol
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MO QWACK View Post
    I know when I bow fish vs green light crappie fish that a ton more bait fish come to the halogens vs any other. Of coarse I use 6000 watts of light bowfishing so that helps to :D I run a generator which is a whole other can of worms but its not loud at all. but you can get a 500 watt light for 10 bucks vs the 100 green lights plus batterys to run them, the generator work light is actualy cheaper in the long run
    Sounds like either light will do the job, so just comes down to preference. That's good news for everyone.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast