Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Power-Pole Shallow Water Anchor

Post Thanks / Like

Default Power-Pole Shallow Water Anchor

has anyone tried, or knows someone who has used a Power-Pole Shallow Water Anchor? been seeing them all over the place on the back of bass boat here around central arkansas. I was wonder what that was on the back of all them bass boat. I got stop in traffic yesterday and was able to read the name on the travel cover. I looked them up on the web. here is the link in case you havent seen them Power-Pole: Shallow Water Anchor it said they have many accessories available including Remote Control units, Power-Glove™, drift sock attachments, Wave-Pak™, foot switches and adapter plates. the drift sock attachments caught my eye since so many crappie members use them for pulling cranks.

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

They just look like another way for the boater to put an unfair advantage on the back seater. Imagine having to try to fish around that stupid thing all day!
    I think it's just another way for them to try to impress each other with their green-carp fishing expertise.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrdux View Post
    They just look like another way for the boater to put an unfair advantage on the back seater. Imagine having to try to fish around that stupid thing all day!
    I think it's just another way for them to try to impress each other with their green-carp fishing expertise.
    You have obviously never fished on a boat with a power pole.... They are worth every penny they cost....

Post Thanks / Like

so they do work then 85mph?

Post Thanks / Like

I have a friend who bought one and put it on his war eagle for fishing shallows in louisiana. He loves it and swears by it. He said they're easy to install as well and remote control is a must.
    tom

"The greatest use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it".

William James

Post Thanks / Like

I had one on a bay boat---good tool.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they are neat. The water I fish mostly is too deep for proper use of the pole. I might git one for the hello of it 'cause I like it. Never know about the waters levels nowadays.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

cane pole give them some time and they will make a Hydraulic 2 pc Telescopic pole that can reach 16ft!

Post Thanks / Like

How deep do they anchor now, and how big a boat does it take to use one? For some reason I thought they were for salt or brackish water use in the marshes.

Post Thanks / Like

Never mind the question on the depth. I found out on the website. I'm still wondering how small a boat they would work on.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast