Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cleaning Fish

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cleaning Fish

Rigrunner and I were having a discussion about the weight of the catfish they caught the other night. Rigrunner, visiting son Neal from Colorado, Robbie, Kelton, Austin and Kendra went on an all night fishing trip....I do not stay up all night and doubt if the men will again. I was wondering how much was waste and how much was fillets of the 50 catfish caught ranging from 2 to 8 pounds. In other words what is the proportion...half or more or less? We will bring a scale down here soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

I would guess that a little more than half the weight would be waste. For sure I hate cleaning Catfish, but love eating them tasty fillets.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch! Is that a Crappie in the far left bucket?

I too would guess that over half the weight of a cat is waste, especially since they seem to have more bone mass than other fish of the same size and larger heads.

Post Thanks / Like

Might be, OkieDon...they caught a few other kinds of fish besides the 50 catfish. Our neighbors needed some catfish for a large community fish fry at the local church so Rigrunner and our family helped them out. We did keep two bags of blues, some crappie, a sand bass and another kind of fish. I fished with them until supper time but did not want to stay out until 4 am.