Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bullshark

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bullshark

Watched the Lafayette news last night at ten.A fisherman caught a 5 ft bullshark in the Atchafalaya river near ButteLaRose yesterday.
    Romans 6:23

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Marty -
    Bull sharks are apparently very comfortable in freshwater. I've seen them in the Mississippi River at Ft. St. Phillip (Across from Ft. Jackson) during late summer when the river clears, and they have been documented for decades in lakes in Nicaragua that are supposedly isolated from saltwater. And I recall a newspaper article in the "Shreveport Times" ("Journal"?) back in the early 1960's about a commerical fisherman catching one in a hoop net in Lake Bistineau!
    Just goes to show that you should keep an eye on your toes in Louisiana waters, no matter how fresh they are!
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

So that was what busted my line at Bundick's the other day. just kidding.. That is crazy. But from what i hear, many many years ago, they had sharks in Toledo Bend. I have seen some of the shark teeth that were found in the Pirates Cove area. So it is believable that they are in the fresh waters. Thanks for the info.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah,the bullshark is the only one that can survive in freshwater.One was caught around Simmesport a couple of years ago.Unfortunately,they are one of the most dangerous.A young girl from Gonzales died in Destin several years ago,bullshark bit her leg.
    Romans 6:23