Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G3 Boats?

Post Thanks / Like

Default G3 Boats?

Fixing to retire and I've been looking at aluminum boats. Never even seen a G3 in person, but I kinda like what I've seen on the internet. Anyone have any comments...good, bad, ugly?

Thanks
    Future member of any forum deathb4disco moderates.

Member of Wally Marshall's Mr. Crappie Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a buddy, speckhunter, that's got an 1860 w/ 90 hp 4-stroke. It's a great boat-very versatile, runs out good. My FIL has a 175 I think w/ a 50hp 2-stroke and it does well too, very stable. I like both boats. I think both have 100ga. alum.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a G3 Eagle 185 with a 115 Yamaha four stroke. I love it....its a great boat in my opinion. I bought this boat new 5 years ago and have not had any problems.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

G3, it's the Eagle series I've been looking at. I would guess that 115 is plenty of power. Is it a fairly dry ride in rough water? The wind never quits in West Texas!
    Future member of any forum deathb4disco moderates.

Member of Wally Marshall's Mr. Crappie Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I love their G-3 Sportsman show. They have done several really good crappie shows. Being a hound hunter, I like the coon hunting and beagling shows also. If anyone from G-3 reads this message, keep up the good work! I reckon if I was buying a new boat, I would have to give a G-3 a good look just based on how well I like their show.

They tape a lot of shows in Texas. I really liked the alligator gar shows they have made in Texas.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sandwich Maker View Post
    Fixing to retire and I've been looking at aluminum boats. Never even seen a G3 in person, but I kinda like what I've seen on the internet. Anyone have any comments...good, bad, ugly?

Thanks
    I struggled with a similar delema 2 years ago. I did a lot of investigation on the G3 and the lund. Both were great boats in my opinion and priced very similar. I wound up bying the Lund more because of the dealer than anything. I bought the 1625 Lund Rebel XL SS with the 60hp 4 stroke Merc. I couldn't be more pleased. I'm 62 and fish a lot by my self. The lund has lots of storage, very stable and wide with lots of room for a 16'+ boat. I am sure the G3 is also a great boat. Good luck on your search and find you a good dealer....that's important.
    Capt.C........Life's short. Be a friend. Eat good. Have fun and fish hard!

Post Thanks / Like

I have an G3 Eagle 170 with a Yamaha 90 on it that I bought last year. The dealer added a pair of Minnkota Deckhands (electric anchors) to sweeten the deal. Plenty of room and storage and a nice ride. Been happy with it so far.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sandwich Maker View Post
    G3, it's the Eagle series I've been looking at. I would guess that 115 is plenty of power. Is it a fairly dry ride in rough water? The wind never quits in West Texas!
    It does very well in rough water. The hull design is a modified V and It provides a good ride.
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

G3 makes great boats. The only complaint I have with them is that they have treated wood for decks and are not all aluminum. My experience is that it may be later rather than sooner, but at some point the wood will rot and have to be replaced.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blairarnold View Post
    G3 makes great boats. The only complaint I have with them is that they have treated wood for decks and are not all aluminum. My experience is that it may be later rather than sooner, but at some point the wood will rot and have to be replaced.
    I owned a Bass Tracker that had treated Plywood decks for 22 years...no problem, no rot. I did keep it in a shed when I was not using it.
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast