PDA

View Full Version : Okay serve OSS up a big bowl of crow soup

olesilverside
06-30-2010, 08:23 PM
Used some minners in the tour. saturday and damed if I didn't like it, been 40 years since I used them, well ordered me a 100 gal. tank an areoator, and think I know where I can minners for a good price, my biggest concern is not having to go to or stop to get the darn things, will fix me up a tank in my shop... I still think I will just play with them, but getting bored of the old jig thing anyway....getting me a crickett cage also........:D

kazualobzerver
06-30-2010, 08:46 PM
Crow soup don't taste too bad, had it many times.

pvchief1
06-30-2010, 08:53 PM
I've ate a lot worse, I agree it ain't too bad

CONCRETECRAPPIE
06-30-2010, 09:15 PM
WE usualy try to buy minners from keller minner farm in buckner..10 dollars a pound

Jigging Tournaments
06-30-2010, 09:17 PM
I'm with you OSS. I dont like using them, but there is times you have to. I tipped my jig in the Crappie Masters Tourn, every fish we caught came on a jig tipped with a minnow.

olesilverside
06-30-2010, 09:20 PM
went on a fishing trip to Ok. one time with 3 other guys, and two of these guys wanted minners so they went to Jay,ok and bought them 5 pounds of minners, never knew they sold them that way, got any idea what 5 pounds of minners look like in a 5 gal bucket of water,,, we couldn't see the bottom.... thanks for the info, think I can my south of here, don't know the price yet......:D might go back to gluing up the jigs guys leave in my boat, they work pretty good, I use that Dr. locktite on them, crappie don't mind...:)

olesilverside
06-30-2010, 09:23 PM
and they out produced the plain jig 3 to 1 that day, I don't think I would have to use them only in a tour, or really tough fishing times.....:)

CONCRETECRAPPIE
06-30-2010, 09:41 PM
black/chart...tipped with minnow that was our bite

MO QWACK
06-30-2010, 09:50 PM
OSS say it aint so, say it aint so lol I'll give you my hand poured jigs anything but minners lol.

olesilverside
06-30-2010, 10:16 PM
love chasing them things around in the bucket, mostly just want something different for awhile, might have a minner tank set up :for sale cheap by the end of the month........:D

Krazy
06-30-2010, 11:05 PM
Crickets werk real good.:D

springhillwantabe
07-01-2010, 03:11 AM
minners work good sometimes some hardheads just won't hardly usethem right mo i don't use them but generally have some in the boat just in case?

olduckhunter
07-01-2010, 05:38 AM
Used some minners in the tour. saturday and damed if I didn't like it, been 40 years since I used them, well ordered me a 100 gal. tank an areoator, and think I know where I can minners for a good price, my biggest concern is not having to go to or stop to get the darn things, will fix me up a tank in my shop... I still think I will just play with them, but getting bored of the old jig thing anyway....getting me a crickett cage also........:D

where are you in mo? i have a cricket box/cage. it's half the size of the ones you see in bait shops and plenty big to hold 2 or 3 thousand at a time or more. it's at my home in the bootheel. very lower bootheel.

anyone interested better pm me. i forget where i'm at and where i post sometimes.

old

olesilverside
07-01-2010, 06:03 AM
but I need a cricket cage that has finer mess wire, cause I got albino crickets.. up here.....:) little bitty rascals.......

olesilverside
07-01-2010, 06:36 AM
I might just open up my own bait shop.....:)

OnTimeDelivery
07-01-2010, 07:41 AM
Hope you are practicing for a Mississippi Crappie fishing trip! No minners=No crappie on the river. Bonus fish=Northern, Walleye, green carp, smallies. I guess I should feel dirty for using minners, but sure is more fun catchin than just fishin.

brobrash
07-01-2010, 08:48 AM
Keep a small bowl of sand by your minnow bucket. Them little things can get slick and I hate chasing them around the boat. Dip your fingers in the sand and they are easier to hold on to.

bwillaub
07-01-2010, 08:54 AM
Sure sounds like a lot of bother to me. I'll just stick with my plastics......even if I can't catch any fish. I'm just out there for the fresh air and scenery anyways.

rocket rich
07-01-2010, 09:47 AM
It's back too the baslc's. I'm too hard headed to use minner's got a creek close to me that's loaded with minner's but I'm too lazy to get them. use too, and kept in one of my shed's in a old wash tub with a plastic liner worked good...

C N
07-01-2010, 10:33 AM
I might just open up my own bait shop.....:)

Hey that's a cool hat! But even cooler is that gift certificate to El Camino Real. They have some fabulous food there - Clinton! :D

jackb
07-01-2010, 10:39 AM
Nice hat, but could use some work. Isn't there a way you could fit RAGAR into the FORD blue oval? (Frosty?) RAGAR should also be in diamond plate. jmo:):)

Joedog
07-01-2010, 10:56 AM
I'm just out there for the fresh air and scenery anyways.

And to work on the tan?:eek:

bwillaub
07-01-2010, 11:28 AM
And to work on the tan?:eek:

Well, now that you mention it.............
I only fish shirtless so I won't burn to a crisp on our yearly beach jaunt. A solid base is essential to any athletic endeavor.:cool:

red ranger
07-01-2010, 12:14 PM
if you want i have a 5 gallon bucket take your minnow bucket and put it in the middle. now take a can of that expandable foam and spray all around the minnow bucket, let set and you now have a $75.00 insulated minnow bucket for the summer. Or if you are crazy lile me i sold my ranger 175vs and orderd a new alumacraft wit the terova i pilot trolling motor, side scan depth finder and a 150 opti with hydr steering. But i really got it because i have bait buckets in the front and back for minnows!!!!! now that is a minnow bucket with power. ha ha ha . Now for the Maiden voyage on truman i was thinking of asking Monty aka OSS to break it in so how bout it MOnty? you up to it? it is orderd so i wont get till some time in august.

keeferfish
07-01-2010, 12:33 PM
but getting bored of the old jig thing anywayD

Send me all your old tackle, I'll trade for gold hooks!

red ranger
07-01-2010, 01:14 PM
i will have to look on the garage floor when i cleaned it up all of my sons jigs were all over the place. the bad thing is he is 25 not 5!!!

olesilverside
07-01-2010, 01:29 PM
I can dam sure show you where they aren't...........:)

Pole Bender
07-01-2010, 04:47 PM
WELL WELL what have we here???????:confused: I hate to say I told you so, buttttttttttttttttttttttt I told you so:D:D

Thanks for the smile I got from reading your post.

Minnows do work at times and I have found summer is the time. I used them through August last year with good results and will use them when they are out producing jigs 3 to 1.

grb22
07-01-2010, 10:07 PM
Used em at Pomme a couple weeks back and had a ball with them.

Mark Twains Crappie Dan
07-02-2010, 09:09 AM
Mr. OSS Sir, I strongly suggest one of those $60 Cool Bubbles minnow buckets. I have 2, I bought 18 years ago. After I sailed a fortune of those cheap foam bucket's outta the boat, on to the road way's of America. LOL. I even tie these down, when on the road. Medium size minnow's work best. Next, I'll talk you into the finer art's of slip cork'n. Ha Ha.

223 CHAMP
07-02-2010, 05:23 PM
Mr. OSS Sir, I strongly suggest one of those $60 Cool Bubbles minnow buckets. I have 2, I bought 18 years ago. After I sailed a fortune of those cheap foam bucket's outta the boat, on to the road way's of America. LOL. I even tie these down, when on the road. Medium size minnow's work best. Next, I'll talk you into the finer art's of slip cork'n. Ha Ha.

Just make sure you strap the lid down, right OSS?

beagle man
07-02-2010, 05:40 PM
well Monty I been studying this thread and I must say taters and gravy would be best served with that crow.

and on a serious note if we refuse to try, or learn new ways to fish surley we will wither away and go in that abiss where all idiots go

MO QWACK
07-02-2010, 09:46 PM
well Monty I been studying this thread and I must say taters and gravy would be best served with that crow.

and on a serious note if we refuse to try, or learn new ways to fish surley we will wither away and go in that abiss where all idiots go

WOW, B- buddy thats kinda perdy saying... deep thoughts by beagle

gnrboyd
07-03-2010, 12:16 AM
Nice hat, but could use some work. Isn't there a way you could fit RAGAR into the FORD blue oval? (Frosty?) RAGAR should also be in diamond plate. jmo:):)

Something like this? (Also, I upgraded the gift certificate... you can't get much for ten bucks these days....)

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg140/gnrboyd/CrappieDotCom/RagarBaitandTackleHat.jpg

beagle man
07-03-2010, 05:45 AM
thank you qwack,

nice hat.

jackb
07-03-2010, 08:07 AM
Something like this? (Also, I upgraded the gift certificate... you can't get much for ten bucks these days....)

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg140/gnrboyd/CrappieDotCom/RagarBaitandTackleHat.jpg

YOU DID GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!:):)

olesilverside
07-03-2010, 08:15 AM
Frosty........ I even like that, heck we can all eat on that certaficate...:D

gnrboyd
07-03-2010, 10:08 AM
Frosty........ I even like that, heck we can all eat on that certaficate...:D

Not Frosty... I saw that he hadn't completed jackb's request so I stepped up to the plate and took a swing.

Jigging15
07-03-2010, 11:46 AM
Perfect design for Monty. Ford and tread plate.

olesilverside
07-03-2010, 05:04 PM
nice job...... $1000 when I get really low in funds I will call on you.... thanks....:)

FROSTY
07-04-2010, 11:20 AM
Not Frosty... I saw that he hadn't completed jackb's request so I stepped up to the plate and took a swing.

That was a great job! Wish I was that good.:)

FROSTY
07-04-2010, 11:25 AM
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj238/mdfrost51/windsor3.jpg

olesilverside
07-04-2010, 12:00 PM
I am going there this week to ship out some goodies..........:) the old water tower is gone now, but that is where I would want my sign.........

gnrboyd
07-04-2010, 12:35 PM
$1000 when I get really low in funds I will call on you.... thanks....:)

If it were only that easy to make money.....

That was a great job! Wish I was that good.:)

I've seen some of your work.... Looks pretty darn good to me.

C N
07-06-2010, 10:25 AM

Great work!!! LOL I've got several gift certificates I'd like you to work on! j/k!!!!

gnrboyd
07-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Great work!!! LOL I've got several gift certificates I'd like you to work on! j/k!!!!

No problem.. send them my way..... I have a pc and Photoshop in my jail cell with plenty of time on my hands..... LOL... j/k Obviously!