Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's the idiot who keeps MOVING all these posts?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Who's the idiot who keeps MOVING all these posts?

What's the deal. If you move it and leave a link to it you might was well just keep it where it was. Think about it...

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know, but usually it tells who did what ever to a thread or post.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sac-a-lait View Post
    What's the deal. If you move it and leave a link to it you might was well just keep it where it was. Think about it...
    I think it's politically correct to leave a link to a moved thread, that way it shows up in 2 places!

Edited to say: I think the OT section is fixin' to get another thread... but there'll be a link to it here!
    Last edited by GCD; 06-30-2010 at 05:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quickdraw mod who likes to move stuff just delete this thread. My point was who cares if a topic is just a little off the forum subheading. There are so many boards now that some folks might not be to sure on where to put there thread. For the main board unless it's super way off topic, if it has anything to do with fishing/boating, just let it alone. You got half the 1st page on the main board all MOVED and blah blah. What's the main board for if not for talking about fishing and our boats? Talking about basket weaving?
    Last edited by sac-a-lait; 06-30-2010 at 05:22 PM.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Sac......I did not move half the board...just a few threads. Here is why....One was about tatoos, and a couple more about working on boats. Now.....trying to help folks I moved them and here is one reason.....a couple of months from now if someone remembers a thread about how to put carpet in a boat....they usually cannot remember where they saw it if they want to go back to it for referance. Moving it to the boat repair forum just makes good sense to me....that way it can eassily be found again later on. On the re-direct thing....here is how it works. I leave a redirect so folks can find where the thread has been moved to. The re-direct is set to automatically expire on a set time. I usually set the time at three days or maybe a week to give folks a chance to see where it was moved to. At the end of the set time the re-direct expires and frees up space on the page. Now say someone posts a question on the main Crappie Fishing board about how to fix power trim...If the post is moved to the boat repair forum it will help that person get answers two ways...one from the people that frequent the boat repair forum, two other people that see the re-direct in the crappie forum. Threads are not moved to pick on people. Threads are not moved to be politically correct or anything like that. Threads are moved in a effort to help people and to make the site more organized and easier to go back and find things later on...thats it in a nutshell.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

ah so.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget to enter your "Owner" issued password ! ! ! ! !
    "Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

Post Thanks / Like

G-3 --- At any given time there are substantially more people viewing the main forum than any other forum. People post on the main for a reason - so that folks will see what they've posted right off the bat. If it's fishing related why can't it stay on the main board? You have moved 9 different threads in 3 days. We have a search function at the top of the page if you want to find specific information. If something is obviously off topic, then it should certainly be in the Off Topic forum, ditto for cooking and recipes. When you make a decision to move a thread to a different forum, do you ask the person who originated the thread? Obviously that person made the choice to post it where they wanted it.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Crappie Stalker View Post
    G-3 --- At any given time there are substantially more people viewing the main forum than any other forum. People post on the main for a reason - so that folks will see what they've posted right off the bat. If it's fishing related why can't it stay on the main board? You have moved 9 different threads in 3 days. We have a search function at the top of the page if you want to find specific information. If something is obviously off topic, then it should certainly be in the Off Topic forum, ditto for cooking and recipes. When you make a decision to move a thread to a different forum, do you ask the person who originated the thread? Obviously that person made the choice to post it where they wanted it.
    I have moved 7 posts in the past three days....I do not know who moved the other two. You people are under the impression that the Main Crappie Fishing Forum is for General Discussion. That is not my understanding......Ed will correct me if I am wrong but.....My understanding is that is supposed to be about Crappie fishing or fishing related subjects. C.c has a forum for every subject so why would you want boat repair stuff in the fishing forum? Why would you want to talk about Tatoos in the fishing forum? Why do you want to talkabout home grown tomatoes in the fishing forum? I don't get it. But if you think you have a legitamate complaint then why don't you take it up with Ed and then he can explain to me how it should be. After all this is Ed's site and he knows how he wants it organized. BY the way....everyone that has fussed or complained about this with the exception of one person....really did not have a dog in the race. Several of the OP's thanked me for moving their threads, one OP complained about it, and the others said nothing. Like I said before , I was only trying to be helpful and trying to make the site look better.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

From the NEWBIE section, second sticky from the top!

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post

If you start a thread, pay attention to the title and which forum you post it to:

1. If you have a very specific question, like "how's the fishing on Lake X?", you'll probably get a better (and faster) response if you post to the state board where Lake X is located rather than the main board. Likewise, if you have a "bass" question or an "electronics" question, there are separate boards for those topics.

2. Make sure the thread title is as descriptive as possible. I've seen threads here and on other boards where the thread title had nothing to do with the topic. Usually, people won't respond to a topic if the title doesn't grab them. (I know I don't.)

Happy posting!
    Maybe some of the "oldies" should explore the Newbie sub forum!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast