PDA

View Full Version : man cave

docwaldo
06-29-2010, 10:48 PM
got my drywallers coming saturday morning for my man cave. been a long time coming. got the insulation done finally. now i can keep it cool up there. i got a crew to hang, tape and float my bonus room for 35 cents a ft2. anyone know if that is a good price (johnny??)??

anyone wanna come watch opening day of NFL with me. gonna be the year of the cowboys.

doc :)

looking up the stairs
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q270/docwaldo/167.jpg

looking across the room
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q270/docwaldo/168.jpg

jlaughlin72
06-30-2010, 06:26 AM
Mark, 35 cents a foot sounds like a good price to me. I used to do whole houses for that and much higher for a single room plus extra for the vault/cathedral ceiling. It's hard to tell exactly what size that room is, but if it's 12x24 it should cost you a little over 300 and we would charge around 500 for it.

LouisianaFishNut
06-30-2010, 08:33 PM
Gonna be awesome to have a room of your own!! Wonder how long it'll take before the Missus takes it over! LOL My best friend's dad built 3 outdoor buildings...only after he lost numbers 1 and 2 to the wife! HAha Hope you have a great time in it though!!

docwaldo
06-30-2010, 09:31 PM
Mark, 35 cents a foot sounds like a good price to me. I used to do whole houses for that and much higher for a single room plus extra for the vault/cathedral ceiling. It's hard to tell exactly what size that room is, but if it's 12x24 it should cost you a little over 300 and we would charge around 500 for it.

johnny, the room is about 20X24. the stairs have kinda a vault to them, but the room itself is only an 8 foot ceiling. according to two dry wall salesmen, i am gonna need about 66 sheets of drywall (4X8). so it is gonna run me about $800 at that price. me and dad could do it, but i just dont want to. ive already fallen down those stairs once, dont wanna do it again.

yall come see me during football season. we can even watch lsu play.

jlaughlin72
06-30-2010, 11:08 PM
johnny, the room is about 20X24. the stairs have kinda a vault to them, but the room itself is only an 8 foot ceiling. according to two dry wall salesmen, i am gonna need about 66 sheets of drywall (4X8). so it is gonna run me about $800 at that price. me and dad could do it, but i just dont want to. ive already fallen down those stairs once, dont wanna do it again.

yall come see me during football season. we can even watch lsu play.

man that sure sounds like alot of rock... i don't know how much you need in the stairs, but a 20x24 room with 8ft ceilings. Should be somewhere around 15 sheets on the ceiling and around 22 on the walls. So i would think 40 sheets would do it... I would double check before you haul them other 26 sheets upstairs.

docwaldo
07-01-2010, 06:29 AM
johnny, there are two dormers in the room that are about 15 feet long and 4 foot wide. and also the bathroom in the room. i think this is where the extra sheets are coming in to play. i had two drywall salesmen tell me the same thing, so i am thinking it is pretty accurate. but i guess we will see. they sheetrockers are coming this afternoon. so by dark today i should have the drywall hung. then tomorrow we can start taping and floating.

thanks for the head's up. and i paid the drywall place a dollar a sheet to have it carried upstairs. best money i have spent in a while. hehehe