Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: fishing in muddy water

Post Thanks / Like

Default fishing in muddy water

How hard is it to catch crappie in muddy water? What lures would work the best. All of the lakes and ponds in NC are stained now and while it's warm I'd like to try to fish. Thanks for the advice.

Post Thanks / Like

With the fish being deep in the cooler water, I would stick with minnows. If not minnows add a scent to your jigs (crappie nibbles, bait sprays, etc) so the fish can find your bait. If all else fails move up the creeks and rivers to find cleaner water. Right where the water begins to clear up is usually a good place to find fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Use a lure that vibrates

Post Thanks / Like

I have had alot of success in muddy water with bright yellow, orange, pink, chart., and white color jigs, and or any combination of these colors. You might add scent or rattle, but i've never added either one and have had success. First you gotta determine where the fish are, if there is any mudbreak whatsoever fish near it.

Post Thanks / Like

do best using jigs with minnows in stained to muddy water. usually tite line in shallow water. seems we catch the bigger fish really shallow this time of yr. 1-2ft in water only slightly deeper . using corks with same bait also good. been doing best with grape/chart. jig. medium minnows. hope this helps.