Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hey Paw Paw Gene!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Paw Paw Gene!

Honorable Sir, I must pick your brain!
    I haven't fished Decade since the levee-work was begun. Do you think that will have any adverse effects on the speck-fishing there this fall?
    Pete

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Pete, I don't have much brain to pick anymore. I'm kinda opinionated and freely give people a piece of my mind and after 65 years of giving, I don't have much left. But it has a plus side, I'm a nicer person now.

As for a Decade, I'm not sure what the problem was last year. I do know they were dredging it and that might have made a difference but I think the answer lies elsewheres. I fished the lake a couple of times last year and crossed it a few other times and the water was nice each time. It look very similar to the season before when the trout were so thick that you could almost walk across there backs. I went across it a month ago it it looked fabulous. I just hope that it means a great fishing season this fall. I will keep my eyes and ears open just for you and of course me, plus I have a buddy that lives at the marina who will also be on the look out.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!