Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: LOZ North Buck Creek & Moonlight Coves

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ North Buck Creek & Moonlight Coves

Just got back from fishing North Buck Creek & Moonlight Coves. I started at 7pm and pulled in around 15 minutes ago. I only caught a handful of shorties – two on black/white and two on black/chart. The depth ranged from 12' to 30' deep where I caught them - I could not figure out any pattern. I even went back over the spots I caught fish to look for drop offs, brush, etc. - but I really did not find anything distinguishing.

We are staying Workmen Hollow Cove – so I am going to take the kids out in the morning in our cove here and see how we do. I might run over to Alhonna’s to grab a dozen minnows – to see how they work out. Hmmm – better than work though!!

Any recommendations? I tried white/chart, grey/blue sparkle, chart using both BG Baby Shad and Slab Slayer. Mostly with chart or white jig heads.
    Last edited by mobowhunter; 06-28-2010 at 11:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish i had some suggestions for you but i haven't fished that area in a long time,my guess is keep hitting docks and fishing the darkest water you can find eventually you'll find em,try the docks across the cove from alhonna from the point back we've caught alot of fish off the first few docks.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

bugman - gotcha, we are headed out now - will give that area a whirl. I will definitely keep hitting the docks.

Post Thanks / Like

When all else failed I have had luck trolling road runners from 1/16th to 1/8th oz about as far back as you can cast. The right distance would be if your boat was in front of one dock and the jigs were just passing the dock behind you or even further. I think they might be reluctant to bite with a boat overhead, but if you're trailing a jig back aways they lose their inhibitions a bit. I try this at the docks along the points at the mouth of coves. It usually isn't super fast action, but it seems like if you get a good run of docks where they seem to be biting you can keep making passes and keep catching. I have done it in the cove where our place is which is the first one inside of North buck creek there is about 6-8 docks from the mouth back into the cove. Good luck, and it might be easier for the kids.

Post Thanks / Like

We ended up doing okay in workmens hollow and both buck creek coves the last couple days - no big keeper stringers but the kids did catch fish using minnows. We had to be close to deeper water, +30', I was hitting lone docks near these deeper channel swings if that makes sense. We had the best succes with the slip bobbers set around 12' in 16'-25' of water.

My boys fished about 8 hrs straight yesterday - that was a first for me, our previous fishing outings in the boat lasted about 30 min before they were bored, had to go to the bathroom or wanted to go back to the dock - so this was a great surprise. The competition was strong - from last I heard they were both tied at 18 fish each. With my oldest catching a turtle and some hybrid sunfish (sunfish body with large mouth). I am going to post pictures later tonight and see if you guys know what kinda of fish it it.

Thanks for all your guys help - we all truly appreciated it, the suggestion and recommendations really helped us catch more fish which got the boys hooked for good!The entire conversaition during the 2 hr ride home was about fishing, my wife was laughing the entire time saying how I finally have my fishing buddies ready to go!

The fish my oldest boy caught was a Green Sunfish, 1.3 lbs on a bratwurst.
    Last edited by mobowhunter; 07-01-2010 at 10:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

glad you got them boys on some fish !! great day for you and the boys

A gun, like any other source of power, is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it
    From an old movie I saw

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got em on board thats priceless...........
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

bloody outstanding great report nice to see everyone having fun. where is them pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Here are pictures of the crew!