Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some of my latest....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Some of my latest....

If these don`t catch them, I`m not tying anymore !

Post Thanks / Like

Finally got out to fish some, tried out my "new" bugs..................................
    Bead eyes not heavy enough to sink them soooooooooooo added a split shot....
    success ! my first fish on my fly rod and my first fish on one of my bugs..... don`t get any better !

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats!!!!!!!!! Now ya gotta take that bug and put it away!!!! It will alwys bring back the memory of the first on your flyrod.

If the beadheads don't let it sink fast enough get some lead wire and try different amounts until it sinks the way you want it to.

Again congrats

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

SSsHeeeee told you they may outlaw dat sucker,seen all the colors above today
    Save the picture and feed that bug to more fish,grin.
    Somedays like today I too had to put a split shot on to sink a bream killer,yours bugs are ok like they are without adding wt.Like today most all my hits were when the bream killer tried to rise back to the surface.Let it sink how ever deep you want and with a few short pulls inbetween stop and starts will drive them crazy on lockjaw days.
    I see your split shot on your line,I had to bring mind down to within 6in. to the fly and give it a hop hop action to even trigger a hit.Today reminded me of the DOGDAYS thats coming and trying to guess how far up the line and what size split shot to pinch on.They were 10 different boats on the lake today and all gone by 10:30,fish were not active.Put my plastices away and tied on the bream killer,throwed back 100 or more the same size in your picture.Throwed 10 bulls and 2 specks in the cooler,floating fly with split shot is a killer even in the dog days.I hardly ever go nomore then 24ins. up the line with a split shot,I start at 12ins. and work up or down from there.

Post Thanks / Like

Fatman & Turtlebait, thanks for the pointers / info / feed back ........... had a real slow day even with worms under a bobber , water temp 86-88 fished some deeper water but even that was slow / no show...........
    If we don`t get some rain soon, I`m afraid the saltwater will move into our rivers again from the sounds .......kills the lily pads and chases the fish to ????????????? I guess the small feeder creeks, ditches in the swamp

Post Thanks / Like

I think by adjusting the split shot down to maybe even 2in. or less would have done better than the worm.Ever watch a butterfly fly,somedays its a slow up and down with long loops,somedays the up and down is a ever fast drop down and up fast with short loops,different size split shot can do the same with your flies..Saturaday I watched dragon flies try to light on the end of gars noses,Seen it tried several times that day.The gars would smack at them but never did I see a lucky gar nor the dragon flies give a second try.It was interesting to think the gar may have enough smarts about him to fool the dragon fly into landing on his nose to snack on.Sometimes spooky fish will run from a floating fly when it hits the water.But will nail it as it falls though the water depths,your job is to figure out how slow or fast of a drop and with short or long up and downs.There is nothing wrong with wt.ed flies but you can not get the same action with them as you can with a floating fly and split shot.

Post Thanks / Like

To me fish aren't active if they do not hit any of the plastic,curly tails,sliders and tubes.Nor do I think their active if not hitting,spinners,cranks or any thing else you throw atem.Today was one of those days after about 4 hours playing around with the plastic and spinners with only two fish in the cooler.I had been watching how the dragon flies were acting sorta dive head first at the object but back off at the ever last second as no touch landing.Seen a few bugs and wasp land in the water,something was here to check it out but only would move it to one side and not eat it.Tied a bream killer on with split shot and for awhile I was taken bream off left and right.The bream killer slowed down on its catching as the sun got higher and hotter.I gotten something in the mail a few days ago and this was what I was waiting for,a slow bit even with a bream killer.I tied another lure on with split shot about 12in. up the line,dang first cast bream on and the next and next for awhile I thought I was bill dance.Pulled under a shade tree to cool off drank a soda and tie a different color on and ajust the split shot down a few inches.I findly got tired catching and throwing bream back and kept 10 for super tonite.I do not keep bream of this size unless like today no bulls to be found.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Post Thanks / Like

Great pic`s , thanks for posting !

Post Thanks / Like

I fish bd/hds in 15-20 ft of wtr (wfl) without split shot. Be patient, many times the fish will take, while it sinks. Panfish suspend in deeper wtr, so I always keep count on the drop, this tells me on the hookup where they are. Only time I use shot is for "chuck & duck" during spring steelhead runs when the water is fast from runnoff.

Post Thanks / Like

I might have to tyie some of theose for around here with some barbell eyes for weight. My local crappie/gill pond hates me but I see fish rolling all the time so maybe somethng like that will trigger a strike on a super slow fall.
    I love taking my kids fishing, now if I could just manage to fish at the same time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast