Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truman weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman weekend

Went to Truman Sat and Sun with my son, had a great time. Fished between Bucksaw and Hwy U bridge both days and caught some pretty good fish around the hardwoods. The good depths for us were between 17 and 30 ft, with 17-22 probably being the most productive. Caught most fish 8-15 deep with 10-12 being best; caught our biggest fish of the weekend at 20' +/- in 30 FOW, but didn't catch too many others at that depth. Colors? Pink and white/silver flake won hands down, nothing else even came close. Caught em with pink top silver-flaked skirt till we ran out, then switched to silver-flaked body with pink skirt and kept catching. Tried other color combos and caught some, but the pink/white/silver flake blew em all away for us.

Got there Sat afternoon about 330 or so, so got to watch some of the tournament weigh ins, pretty cool stuff. Saw OSS and a couple other CDC fellers weigh their catch, so that was really cool too. Son met Mr. Crappie, Wally Marshall, so, once again, that was cool.

Here are some pics, my son is the young handsome one, I am the old ugly dude:

Big fish from Saturday evening

A couple from Sunday morning

Getting ready to filet these dudes Sunday before we had to get home

Good fishing all!
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Smile on that boys face says it all! Glad ya had a good trip
    Crappie.......its whats for dinner!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good pics

man gotta love that diamond plate, going to steal that one of these days, just as soon I run low on some......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

outstanding report, congrats. on the great day fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Great report. Good lookin kid there. Looks like you had great time. Memories made.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all. We didn't catch huge numbers of fish (but we did catch enough numbers to keep us happy), but the ones we did catch had pretty good size to them. We fished an area that we had never fished before so was a plus to catch fish and map a new site for the future. Sunday morning was actually nice, the cloud cover and about a 15 minute downpour actually made the temps pretty nice, started to heat up around noon or so but we were getting ready to leave so it didnt bother us too much. It was fun.

Good fishing all!
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing with your son thats all you have to say the fish are a minor detail.
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish. I was up Sat & fished between the marina & the cut threw & had a good limit in 2 hrs. Started at 630 am. I was around the weigh in also. Got to see a bunch of CDC members. That son of yours looks pretty happy with those nice big slabs. Thanks for the report.

Post Thanks / Like

looks like you guys had a good weekend, nice report

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you had a great time that won't be forgotten soon! I let the wind and waves on the flat up from Otter Creek run me off early Sunday morning, so way to stick with it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast