Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Conway 01/20/06

Post Thanks / Like

Default Conway 01/20/06

Fished for 2 hours before sunset. Only caught four. 1 12 incher and 3 3-4 inchers. I can't believe they could get the jig in thier mouths. (Red/Chart)

Post Thanks / Like

Coats - where you fishing Caney Creek again? I've not heard anything about the 89 bridgde area and the dam on Conway in awhile. A few good crappie were being picked up there a few weeks ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Caney Creek is only a decent 5 minute drive from my appartment and I only bank fish cause I have no truck or boat.

Durring the spawn my budy breaks out his boat and we hit the flats over at gold creek. Usually fish the smaller flat next to the trailer/Rv park. I haven't had that much luck in the bigger flat between the hwy and the interstate.

js9234 Guest

Hey, I'm new to the site and was wondering where some good places are to Crappie fish around here. I'm at the Little Rock Air Base and plan on fishing next weekend. Yes, I do have a boat. Not too familiar with the area though. I would really appreciate your help...

Post Thanks / Like

JS I have a buddy that fishes Camp Robinson with some regularity and has pretty good success from time to time. Might want to check it out if you plan to fish out of a small boat or the bank.

Post Thanks / Like

I was stationed at the air base for 6 years...got out in 04 after a tour in Iraq. Just couldn't bring myself to re-up. Go out the back gate and Lake conway is only about 30-40 minutes from the base. Heber Springs is about 1 hr 30 min. Lake Pickthorn is about 15 min out the front gate and on the access road to Cabot. Camp Robinson is about 25 min out the back gate. The base lakes do okay sometimes but they filled in the only real good hole at the west end of the runway. I pulled some lunker bass and crappie out of that place. Used to be called Dead Dog pond. Those are the placed I fished when I was at the air base. Since I live in Conway now and the lake is so close I just go there.

js9234 Guest

I appreciate the info. I've heard a few good things about Lake Conway. Any particular boat ramp, if they have more than one? I've been here since 2000 and life is just now getting settled down enough for me to go out and enjoy some fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

It all depends on the size of your boat really. The palarm creek access is okay..there is a hidden access behind the game and fish area outside of mayflower that is great. The gold creek area has 2 landings that are decent. I think they found a meth lab around the one by the railroad tracks though. Caney Creek has 2 places you can put in at but they aren't anything I would consider for a heavy boat.

js9234 Guest

How do I get to Palarm Creek. Is it near the Mayflower Shooting Range? I know there is a Boat Dock right past there.

Post Thanks / Like

you go past the mayflower shooting range until you hit a town called Saltillo...it should be on the left there. It's marked with signs.