Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Center Consoles for Crappie Fishing...

TN River: Clifton, Perryville, occasionally northward
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Center Consoles for Crappie Fishing...

I have been eyeing the center console boats for a while, but you rarely see them used as crappie boats. Do any of you have any experience with them as crappie boats? They seem like they'd be a little easier to walk around in with less up and downs when getting behind the wheel. What are the disadvantages.....or, advantages. Thanks.
    BSRRofl

Post Thanks / Like

I know several guys who have CC's. Two of them are crappie guides. It's just a preference thing. Being able to stand and drive when running shallow obstructed waters is the biggest advantage in my opinion.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

As you look into them you will see a steering setup that tilts with enough angle to drive sitting or standing. Gives the option of using a lower profile console that is more out of the way. Less wind signature also. Just some input.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

I fish out of an aluminum bass boat but I fish some with MCF(another member here) who owns a cc. His is an 18 ft and there is plenty of room to move around. Works well as a crappie boat. He can give you more info. on rigging and the pros and cons.

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry Blake can help you on this one.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Center consoles come in 2 styles: bay boats and the deeper water models. The bay boats can draft in 16 inches of water. This and the walk around feature is a big plus for use as crappie boats.

Post Thanks / Like

My dad had a Blue Wave bayboat that was a fine crappie rig, I always fished out of the back & sitting on the icechest seat with 8 jigpoles out was a mighty fine fishing platform, he sold it last year & I bought my new boat that has the 3 pedestal set-up on the front, i'm looking forward to spiderrigging out of it but do miss that big bayboat, it was nice running at night because you can see better standing up holding a q-beam.
    SeaArk Stealth 186 w/ 115 Mercury Optimax & 21p Powertech prop.

Post Thanks / Like

I run an Alweld 1860 CC, and I like it a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

I personally dont like them. Reason one is just about everyone you see everyone around the center console and most console are so big you half to walk sideways around console and seats.. Thats only my experience.. I would look more into the walleye boats if your looking..

Post Thanks / Like

My guide boat is a Polar Kraft 2096 CC.. Very happy with it

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast