Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trolling rod opinions needed.....

Post Thanks / Like

Default trolling rod opinions needed.....

all right heres the deal, my son got me a gift card to bass pro for fathers day (he has to be the best 10 year old ever :D). I have been wanting another trolling rod to pull cranks with, I really like the b'n'm pro staff trolling rods for this but it looks like bass pro doesent carry em (or at leist not the store near me, and web site dont list em), they have the wally marshall tight line series that looks like bass pro's version of the b'n'm. do any of you guys have these and if so whats your impression? not looking to start a debate of this brand vs that. just seeing if any one uses this (or any of the bass pro models) to troll with, and what your experience is with em. its either gonna be that or I am gonna buy a b'n'm sam heaton for casting and order the trolling rods from else where (monks or grizzly) any input would be great, hope yall have a great weekend, God bless.

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeepguyjames View Post
    all right heres the deal, my son got me a gift card to bass pro for fathers day (he has to be the best 10 year old ever :D). I have been wanting another trolling rod to pull cranks with, I really like the b'n'm pro staff trolling rods for this but it looks like bass pro doesent carry em (or at leist not the store near me, and web site dont list em), they have the wally marshall tight line series that looks like bass pro's version of the b'n'm. do any of you guys have these and if so whats your impression? not looking to start a debate of this brand vs that. just seeing if any one uses this (or any of the bass pro models) to troll with, and what your experience is with em. its either gonna be that or I am gonna buy a b'n'm sam heaton for casting and order the trolling rods from else where (monks or grizzly) any input would be great, hope yall have a great weekend, God bless.
    give grizzley jig a call and ask wade as he is reel knowlegeable as he tourament fishe's with the type of equipment- rod that you are asking about good luck rfy! Dont have the # but it's in caruthers ville!
    Reel foot yankee

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I order my B'n'M Pro Trollers direct from B'n'M. The Wally Marshall rods are good rods, I have a couple of them.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

I've got 2 12ft and 2 14ft Tight Line Specials, I've only used them a few times but so far so good. I've used them to push cranks off the front with 2oz weights and not had any issues. I've only seen the pro trollers in BPS one time and they only had a couple.
    I got 350 heads on a 305 engine.
    I get 6 miles to the gallon.
    I aint got no good intentions.

Post Thanks / Like

The Wally's are fine for pulling cranks. I prefer the B&M's for spider rigging. The Wally's are a bit too stiff for me when spider rigging.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Trolling rods I looked at this week were a lot stiffer than the Buck's graphite jig poles I have. Wouldn't want to hold it in my hand all day, but that's not what they were designed for. I like BnM's customer service more than BPS, so that's where my $ go. Sportsman's warehouse carried them if you have one of those close to you. The wally marshall rod I had was stiffer and heavier in the tip than I wanted, but was well built.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by feelay View Post
    The Wally's are fine for pulling cranks. I prefer the B&M's for spider rigging. The Wally's are a bit too stiff for me when spider rigging.
    yep

i have some of both, the wally tight lines are much stiffer that the bnm pro staff's but that makes them great for crankin, the wally sig. series are closer to bnm's pro staffs
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

cool guys thanks for the input, im gonna head down and check em out this week some time, I just didnt want to blow $$$$ on a junk rod, I noticed alot of you guys comment on how stiff they are, do you think they are to stiff??? I want somthing to bend some when the crappie hit the crank, I get better hook up rates with one that does, I think it doesent tear out hooks, kinda acts as a shock absorber, but its gotta be stiff enough to pull the cranks. Like I said thanks for all the input,have a great week a head all, God bless.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    I like BnM's customer service more than BPS
    I have never had to use there customer service personally, but seen a few threads on here where B'n'M made things right for peep, no questions asked. hard to beat that for sure, nice to see a company that stands behind what they make the way they do.

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer the Wally Marshall Tightlines for pulling cranks. I have 2 -16 footers and 2 - 14 footers. I would have 2 - 10 footers if they had them.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast