PDA

View Full Version : Ozark rods

bugman
06-26-2010, 06:42 AM
And tips are in,give Tony a call and he'll fix you up 573-378-2220

Jigging15
06-26-2010, 07:05 AM
I have never broke one but I know a lot of people who have and will be glad to finally get replacements.

Double D
06-26-2010, 09:18 PM
My son casted a jig Fri while we were practicing for thr CM on Sat and the tip section broke in half. We have fished with these rods 5 or 6 times. Then had to pay $15 for a new tip. I dont know what I think of them so far.

drfishjd
06-28-2010, 09:16 AM
Thanks, Bugs. I'm heading back down tomorrow. Could be a bwillaub and beagle sighting. . . . .

bwillaub
06-28-2010, 09:21 AM
Thanks, Bugs. I'm heading back down tomorrow. Could be a bwillaub and beagle sighting. . . . .

Won't see me down there, my friend. MO QWACK is taking care of getting mine for me. I don't think I would be good company at the time.
When we going fishing?

olesilverside
06-28-2010, 06:32 PM
Friday eve. and he said tony left 5 tips at the store, so went in this am and got the one replaced that was broken last Sept, then they had 3 left and I bought 2 of them at $15 each... swapping and trading I have a nice supply built of of tips, but I almost have to use them, other rods are just to heavy for me after fishing several hours...... they told me they didn't order any more for the store.......

Jigging15
06-28-2010, 08:15 PM
Ya not sure they will get any more when they run out. They only have 5 10 ft rods left also. 3 with big eyes and 2 with the little eyes. They had them marked down to like $36 to get rid of them. They do have some 12 and 16 ft trolling rods left. They have not sold very well. So looks like it will be Outlaw rods at Everhart's from here on out.

Buckwheat 1
06-29-2010, 07:10 AM
If anybody is going over to pick up any at versailles, let me know. I would like to have 3-10ft tips and would be glad to meet you:)

bwillaub
06-29-2010, 08:33 AM
These 7 posts sure show a need for Tony to keep these things in stock. I wonder if that will happen now?

MO QWACK
06-29-2010, 09:17 AM
ok, with WEEKS of run around my rods SHOULD be shipped this week. Not in time for the people who bought them to fish crappie masters. (I took the chewing for Ozark on why they didnt have thier rods.) I sure hope they get their issues figured out because me being a "DEALER" for them I might just DEAL some other rod that doesn't go months without charging my credit card, that doesnt give me the "he just stepped out of the store" or the truck is on it's way (I guess that truck drove from Mars because it took awhile to drive cross country).
For those who trusted me with thier hard earned money I'm sorry it has taking so long for me to get you your rods. It's not how I do busness, and again I'm sorry. As for Ozark yall make the best rear reel seat rod on the market and I look forward to using and dealing your rods I just hope these issues were a one time, our bad, so sorry bout the head ache deal but again Ozark makes a great rod. and I dont want to bash or talk bad about anyone but Its frustrating. On the bright side I have some great rods being shipped this week to the hands of some great fisherman :)

Jigging15
06-29-2010, 09:29 AM
Who's quote was this? Are you a dealer or was this from someone else who is? I have never had any trouble with them and feel they are a great rod for the money. I feel I was a big part in getting them in Everhart's. But not sure if they will keep them in stock anymore after everyone who kept coming in wanting replacement tips and they could not get them. Kind of feel bad now after talking to Steve about getting him to carry them in the store and the frustrations they have dealing with people wanting tips. Hopefully now we will not have any more trouble getting rods or tips. They are the only 10ft rod in my boat and hope they stay that way.

bwillaub
06-29-2010, 10:47 AM
I love the rods! I own 6 of em. The service after the sale leaves a LOT to be desired. I'm hoping that is corrected now. Thanks, Terry. Now I'm holding my breath, hoping they send the right tips. I had one hand delivered to me at camp.........good service, right? It was for the wrong rod.

labsnslabs
06-29-2010, 11:49 AM
Do you guys know where I could find the top section for the 11' rearseat rods? I need two of them.

bwillaub
06-29-2010, 11:51 AM
Do you guys know where I could find the top section for the 11' rearseat rods? I need two of them.

Wait in line. I need 2 of those myself. They are supposed to be in MO QWACK's order. I'm not holding my breath tho.

olesilverside
06-30-2010, 01:52 PM
rear seated rod ultra light, right now I have 8 tops for the two rods I have, wheeling dealing and swapping, buying netted me these, granted a couple have one inch broke off with a new tip put on them, but hey I will take it.... I have used my nephews $400 loomis and would much rather use the ozark, just hope they have the tip thing worked out...... never have bad mouthed the rods, but the service after the sale was bad..... I sure like the way the outlaws take care of there rods, after the sale, but like them both, but the outlaw is just a little heavy for me, 30 years ago I would take a outlaw in each hand.........:D getting old is hell.......

mduncan62
06-30-2010, 02:26 PM
These 7 posts sure show a need for Tony to keep these things in stock. I wonder if that will happen now?

Since Tony's name is on the rods, and he sells them out of his shop, and other shops, it's probably more then a safe bet that if he could have the rods, and tips in stock at all times he would.

As a business owner, I'm sure that Tony doesn't need any tips on how to run his business, or stock items.

If he could have rods and replacement sections for every person that wants one, I'm sure he would do whatever he could to make that happen.

Might be a better idea, and when they are in stock a guy could buy 2 or 3 rods at a time, that way he doesn't have to talk smack about Tony. Glad I don't have to depend on one fishing pole when I'm fishing. Come on.

bwillaub
06-30-2010, 02:46 PM
Since Tony's name is on the rods, and he sells them out of his shop, and other shops, it's probably more then a safe bet that if he could have the rods, and tips in stock at all times he would.

As a business owner, I'm sure that Tony doesn't need any tips on how to run his business, or stock items.

If he could have rods and replacement sections for every person that wants one, I'm sure he would do whatever he could to make that happen.

Might be a better idea, and when they are in stock a guy could buy 2 or 3 rods at a time, that way he doesn't have to talk smack about Tony. Glad I don't have to depend on one fishing pole when I'm fishing. Come on.

Piss off, Duncan. No smack talk here. Just an opinion.

mduncan62
06-30-2010, 02:58 PM
Piss off, Duncan. No smack talk here. Just an opinion.

I may have misinterpreted part of the earlier posts. But to even question if Tony feels like he should have these rods and replacements in stock is pretty ridiculous since I'm pretty sure that he makes a profit on every piece sold.

I have been keeping my posts within the rules that the owner Ed laid down. Guess maybe some have a hard time with that.

MO QWACK
06-30-2010, 03:28 PM
I may have misinterpreted part of the earlier posts. But to even question if Tony feels like he should have these rods and replacements in stock is pretty ridiculous since I'm pretty sure that he makes a profit on every piece sold.

I have been keeping my posts within the rules that the owner Ed laid down. Guess maybe some have a hard time with that.

The probem isn't the rod, its the run around. Its the LIES about the order,when its shipped and when its billed.Its the leave your name and number and he will call you back. He has never tried to contact me and yes I am a dealer. Is Tony a bad guy? I'm sure he is a great guy. I have no problem at all with him. But just be honest about whats going on. If it takes a year for the product to come in great, Ill wait a year, if he cant get any rods cool no big deal. Just be honest and in contact with your customers. It seem that some folks like to make it a personal thing with Ozark when its not at all. I wish people would read the post open minded, and not stir the pot. People that has had poor service have a right to be upset.

TnRidge
06-30-2010, 03:50 PM
Sounds like they are breaking allot of tips ? Are they brittle ? Maybe they should change the modulus or action to rectify the problem .
Not being a smart arse , but sounds like a little quality control is in order .

MO QWACK
06-30-2010, 10:09 PM
Sounds like they are breaking allot of tips ? Are they brittle ? Maybe they should change the modulus or action to rectify the problem .
Not being a smart arse , but sounds like a little quality control is in order .

Well, he had some bad rods that broke easy a long time ago but he doesnt make the rod so I'm sure its hard for him to know if he has a bad batch. The rods or super light and are awesome for all day fishing! I have caught a 50 pound spoon bill on mine and a ton of other junk and never had a problem. Im super hard on mine and never broke one rod. I hope the service gets better because his rods are the best I ever fished with and looking forward to them being around for a long time to come.

bwillaub
06-30-2010, 11:35 PM
Well, he had some bad rods that broke easy a long time ago but he doesnt make the rod so I'm sure its hard for him to know if he has a bad batch. The rods or super light and are awesome for all day fishing! I have caught a 50 pound spoon bill on mine and a ton of other junk and never had a problem. Im super hard on mine and never broke one rod. I hope the service gets better because his rods are the best I ever fished with and looking forward to them being around for a long time to come.

AMEN! Preach it, Brother Terry! I love the rods just the way they are. I don't even mind a tip section breaking once in a while. Prolly my fault anyways. Just don't make me wait 4 months or more for a replacement tip section. Is that asking too much?

got crappie
07-01-2010, 08:25 AM
I have 4 ozarks 11ft never had a problem now that being said I haven't used braid yet. Is the braid hard on tips ???? I have fished with Monty and can tell you that man sets the hook about as hard as anyone I've ever seen. But he catches alot of fish.

bwillaub
07-01-2010, 08:50 AM
Dave, I don't believe it's the braided line that causes them to break. One of mine broke about 4 inches from the bottom and the other broke about 8 inches from the tip.

C N
07-01-2010, 12:17 PM
We love the Ozarks, too, but have had a couple of tips break and couldn't get the replacements but got tips that would work from Tombstone Tackle in Columbia, MO.

The problem we've had is we've been waiting for months for new rods. We've tried several of the Ozark vendors and no one has had an 11'. Richard at Bucksaw says he hasn't been able to get any new Ozarks for quite awhile. The c-store at Tightwad told us the same thing. So it seems to be problems all around for him to get his supply!

chiefmoochachew
07-01-2010, 03:13 PM
The way I understand the manufacturing process of these rods is this. They all get made in the same plant in China. Outlaw, Ozark, Shimanmo, you name the manufacturer most get made at the same plant in China. They all have different manufacturing specifications but all get made at the same place because several of the plants have shut down due to a decline in the demand overall. The problem that the smaller manufacturers are having is that their stuff will get thrown to the back of the manufacturing line because of the amount of money they are going to spend compared to a Co. like Shimano or another one of the more nationwide dealers so we are at the mercy of the Chinese and the importer on this deal. That is how it was explained to me by a manufacturer. And I was also told that we don't have high enough quality of graphite to manufacture them in the U.S.

springhillwantabe
07-01-2010, 04:00 PM
what about a tip for a 10 ft b&m jigging pole?

TnRidge
07-01-2010, 05:39 PM
I'll stick with my B&M graphite jig poles . I have owned two of them for the past 15 years and only broke one tip when I stepped on it by accident .
I have caught stripers , catfish and bass on them while fishing for crappie and bream and they have held up well.
I can understand wanting a lightweight rod for comfort , but I will not sacrifice strength for a lightweight rod . They sound like decent rods , but high modulus rods are more prone to breakage , regardless of the brand .
Are they using IM7 or IM8 blanks?

KCMO CRAPPIESLAYER
07-01-2010, 06:28 PM
And tips are in,give Tony a call and he'll fix you up 573-378-2220

hey bug's bet you did'nt think you would have 28 post's to a simple thread like this one, troublemaker;);):p:p i personally love ozark rod's, caught lot's and lot's of slab's on them, only thing i use now....iv'e also broken 3 total but still love them. but also have'nt tried out too many other brand's of 10 footer's.

kingkrappie
07-01-2010, 06:54 PM
what about a tip for a 10 ft b&m jigging pole?

grizzly has tips for everything

gonefishingee
07-02-2010, 08:02 AM
Tony has a new rep at the rod company and believes things will go much smoother. I know he still has many many rods and tips left. He aslo has a new shipment coming in September. 573-378-2220

bugman
07-02-2010, 08:20 AM
hey bug's bet you did'nt think you would have 28 post's to a simple thread like this one, troublemaker;);):p:p i personally love ozark rod's, caught lot's and lot's of slab's on them, only thing i use now....iv'e also broken 3 total but still love them. but also have'nt tried out too many other brand's of 10 footer's.

That's about all our beloved site has become.........drama/bitchin.com:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:of course it's only a select few that likes to keep it stirred up:mad:i wish they would chill or just move on so things could get back to the fun we used to have.

olesilverside
07-02-2010, 08:34 AM
look for the positive things in life, that is why I don't watch the news anymore.... all neg........:mad:

Buckwheat 1
07-02-2010, 08:40 AM
That's about all our beloved site has become.........drama/bitchin.com:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:of course it's only a select few that likes to keep it stirred up:mad:i wish they would chill or just move on so things could get back to the fun we used to have.

I will get T-shirts ordered asap:eek: hee....hee

grb22
07-02-2010, 11:01 AM
Always good to remember......Life is good.....or bad..... depending on how you look at it. Not exactly sure how crappie (or any other species for that matter) fishing can EVER be negative, but that's just me. I been skunked...disappointed...disrespected....etc, etc as much as the next fella but I guess I don't see a reason to sit and dwell on it or stew over it. Fishing should be a good thing, always!!

MEATGETTER
07-02-2010, 05:42 PM
I have used jig poles fqr 40 years used almost ever kind made been using ozark a couple years though that was the pole. this spring a friend told me about a pole that american rodsmith makes its called homer humphers signature series CRAPPIE GETTERS. after using this pole i know longer have any ozarks, their lighter and balanced they come in 10,11 and12ft.39.95 at grizzly jig,36.95 if you buy3 .the best pole i have ever used no doubt. just my 2 cents worth.

KCMO CRAPPIESLAYER
07-02-2010, 07:44 PM

aaahhhhh the good ol day's jamie... hey monty i'm totally with ya, i have'nt watched the new's in about 5 month's for that exact reason. hey meatgetter thank's for the mention of that rod, think i may order one right now, down to 2 ten footer's. i hope there as good or better than ozark's.