Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Difference

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Difference

I got to snoopin around for a new rod and found some real nice offerings from all price ranges. Some of my club brothers use the St Croix 8 1/2' rods and like them just fine, but me being me, I looked for something a bit cheaper. What I bought yesterday was a 9' BnM rod called "The Difference". At $50 it was in the price range and has a soft tip freindly to vertical jigging. Might get to test it out today. I don't recall ever seeing them before and if you're looking for something like this, I would feel one before buying anything else. I have several Bucks Graphite jig poles and this is a lot lighter than any of those. I'll post again after I catch a few on it. 10lb test, 2lb diameter braid will be on it so it should really jump when I get a hit.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

might be the difference.

oh, and where you getting the 10/2 braid?

old

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Power pro. It's red in color.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    Power pro. It's red in color.

after reading about the real low test weight braid i looked on cabela's. i never knew they made it that low. i use braid all the time for bass fishing and i have 15/6 on one of my ultra lite spinning reels. i'll get a spool of the 2 or 4 stuff.

old

Post Thanks / Like

Caught about 20 and had 8 or 9 keepers. Also had several gill and a 1.5lb striper. Tough is this rods middle name. Good sensitivity and action. Saw one of my buds and put the rod in his hands and in his opinion it was about as light as his 8.5' St Croix. There just might be another one of these in my near future. Gave the keepers to my Bud and headed home. Give these rods a look when you're shoppin for a new one. It did the trick for me.

Post Thanks / Like

skeet, at grizzly jig co they are 42.95 if'n you are after another. get 3 more and they are 38.95. you could get three at that price and send me one as a gift. be good of you.

old

Post Thanks / Like

I'll let you know when my rich uncle gets out of the poor house and I can order 3 of anything except dozens of minnows.

Post Thanks / Like

Power pro also makes braid in 8/1,which I have half my rods spooled with 8/1 and the other half 10/2....love feeling the THUMP of the hit.

Post Thanks / Like

i never used or had an underspin reel before so i got a couple. has or do any of you spool them with the braid? i thought i'd try that. or will braid work on the spincast type reels?

Post Thanks / Like

Most all mine are spincast,Z02 zebco,braid works will on them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast