Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finding the Perfect Tackle Box

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finding the Perfect Tackle Box

I been lugging around 3 different tackle boxes for several years now and recently I have been wanting to combine all three. I haven't shopped for tackle boxes in quite a while and when I went down to the store they had all these new soft carrying bags with the clear plastic containers in them.
    So many sizes to choose from and a lot of different brands.

I thought I'd come here and see if anyone has a preference as to which brand would be good? I need a fairly large one with around 8-10 plastic boxes to hold all my tackle.

I dont want a bag where the zippers will fail after 6 months or the strap will break etc. I'm sure many of you have these types of bags so if you have one that you love please tell me the brand.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Team M&M View Post
    I been lugging around 3 different tackle boxes for several years now and recently I have been wanting to combine all three. I haven't shopped for tackle boxes in quite a while and when I went down to the store they had all these new soft carrying bags with the clear plastic containers in them.
    So many sizes to choose from and a lot of different brands.

I thought I'd come here and see if anyone has a preference as to which brand would be good? I need a fairly large one with around 8-10 plastic boxes to hold all my tackle.

I dont want a bag where the zippers will fail after 6 months or the strap will break etc. I'm sure many of you have these types of bags so if you have one that you love please tell me the brand.

the perfect tackle box hasn't been made. it's kinda messy but i just use walmart bags. i never know what surprise i'm going to find when i open one. i'm always finding lost, or so i thought, tackle. and they don't take up as much space.

old

Post Thanks / Like

I cant attest to its durability, but I plan on picking one of these up pretty quick. It will hold 10 trays and has lots of other pockets and stuff. It will also break down into two seperate tackle bags. Not too expensive either (until you buy 10 trays for it...)
    -Damon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dnchance View Post
    I cant attest to its durability, but I plan on picking one of these up pretty quick. It will hold 10 trays and has lots of other pockets and stuff. It will also break down into two seperate tackle bags. Not too expensive either (until you buy 10 trays for it...)
    I see the pink is on sale for $19.99.......:D

Post Thanks / Like

I'm cheap... but not that cheap
    -Damon

Post Thanks / Like

Been looking lately as I cracked the lid on my Plano side by side, alot of the new box's that I looked at from Flambeau and Plano looked really flimsy. I haven't seen a bag setup that I like yet.

I've also been checking out some of the Shimano bags but they're more storage oriented and don't look like they'll hold box's.

I'll keep looking

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dnchance View Post
    I'm cheap... but not that cheap
    I was thinking Old would be interested as he could sell those empty aluminum cans....

Post Thanks / Like

They're higher-end, but I really like Falcon boxes. Very well thought out designs.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use many of the plano type boxes in different sizes for different duty. I found a 6 gallon milk crate years ago and put a plywood lid on it. Had a swivel seat on it at one time for a jon I had at the time. Versatile and tough, but low on the looks department. It fits 6 of the big flat boxes, use it to store mostly un-used bass gear now. Some extra space on the end for extra stuff. I like those boxes cuz I can just grab a couple of em in a blind bag and go fish with a friend.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Look into tackle bags...the soft sided ones. I have one that holds four 9x13" Plano boxes that I use for everything...I have a ton of the Plano boxes but I put in and take out what I'm not gonna use on the trip...IE minnow fishing crappie box, panfish jigs, saltwater plugs, saltwater jigs, saltwater bottom fishing, catfish, ect...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast