Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lowe Fishing Machine 185s

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowe Fishing Machine 185s

Wondering if anyone owns or has had any experiences with this boat. I'm thinking of purchasing one, but i don't know of anyone who has one or knows much about it.
    "Give me crappie, or give me death"

Post Thanks / Like

Adam, fishing out of a deep V boat for crappie in my experience is not easy. They dont have the large enough deck up front for 2 guys to fish off of. If you are looking to keep your current speed, these boats take bigger motors, so keep up with standard boats. They do have there pluses the do handle better in rough water. But they will catch more wind on windy days so having to run the trolling motor more will happen. Just think long and hard before you buy, I bought my boat thinking I would like the deeper V. But now I am looking at going back to a regular bass boat. For several reason, one speed, 2 fishablity, the person in the back doesnt have much room. Mine does have a large deck for 2 guys. So if anyone is looking for a Charger multispecies boat, send them my way. Good luck in your choice.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I used to own a 170 bass striker by lowe. I liked the boat except for the fact it was tough to handle in the wind (To light Weight) This is the reason I went back to fiberglass bass boat as with the lower profile and weight wind does not effect them as bad.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Lowe FM175 and I love it. I have a 90 hp 4 stroke Yamaha on it. I get 35 plus mph loaded with gear and 3 guys. I got mine for a price no other brand could touch also. I fish several different types of lakes so I wanted the deep V. We have fished 4 people (I mean 250 pound guys) in mine with room to spare. The beam is so wide there is plenty of room for 2 guys up front and 1 in back and 1 in the middle. I am just the opposite of TAE73 I had a low profile Sunray and there is NO way that I would give up my deep V and go back to a low profile boat.

Post Thanks / Like

I guide out of a 165 with a yamaha 60 and I love it as well. It is very roomy! Plenty of room to fish up to 4 people out of it. It was very affordable, perfect for my first guide boat!
    I will probably be looking into buying some sort of center console within a year so I can get that one extra person on board durring trips though.
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

I have been looking at this Lowe boat for crappie fishing.
    STINGER 175
    7° WIDETRAC MOD-V CRAPPIE
    With a 75 4-stroke

most of the dead space area is used in this boat giving you lots of storage space.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default deep v

Had a roughneck deep "v" made by lowe..............never going back to a slow a#$ deep "v" again, well atleast not aluminium anyway. Biggest gripe i had about mine is that you set way too high out of the water. The glass bass boat I have now would also ride better in the rough water, just not quite as dry. But, it's all what you like in a boat, if you dont fish docks and for the money they are probably a good of choice as any.

Post Thanks / Like

I own a 2004 LOWE Stinger 180W with a 90hp Saltwater edition Johnson on it and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

It has lots of storage & plenty of room, front & back. It is a little lite but I just keep all 3 live wells filled. It will run between 45 & 50mph depending on how many people I have with me, usually just me and 1 other.

I spider rig a lot & the triple pedistal recievers give you and your buddy plenty of room, and I'm a big ol'boy!

Plus the way gas is these days I'm not spending as much money on gas as the guys with the big outfits, but still do fine point A to point B.

I fish Ky Lake most of the time and it can get pretty darn tuff on the main lake when you have a good wind out of the North. My boat handles it fine!

Only thing I would recommend is don't go with the standard seats! They are killers! Spend the money and upgrade to the better chairs! You'll thank me later!

For the money the 180W is hard to beat!

Show us some pictures of what you end up with!
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

well, after a lot of questioning i've made my decision. i'm going with the 180 stinger. i had my dealer order it on friday. thanks for your input guys.
    "Give me crappie, or give me death"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great Choice

You getting the 180W or the 170W?
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast