Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: twain trip was ok but

Post Thanks / Like

Default twain trip was ok but

the fishing wasnt very good.
    the lake just wouldnt settle down long enough to find em
    best luck was trollin bandits 9-15 feet deep in 40-65 fow on tips of points and main lake cove mouths.
    never caught more than 10-12 keepers a day but did manage a nice 13 incher and a couple of 11inchers oh and mom caught the only walleye that was 17 inches!!!!

got to met south point and family one night we had them over for fish and a few cold ones before the storms hit that night

my phone internet went down during the storm and just now got it back workin again so sorry i couldnt post any reports after the storm

well guess we will c u all on the water

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Smitty, You gave it a shot. That's all ya can do. It'll comeback, give it a couple years. Prolly go up to dink fish next week. Gotta box full of these cranks, never worked with'um much. We'll see. I'll fill you in. Good Luck, & Take Care.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got to get out and catch a few. Truman will spoil you, kiddo.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Dan if the lake would calm down I think we could get on em

can't wait to get back to Truman
    dad Is heading back to the boat for a month so I probly won't b able to fish much unless it's from the bank which is better that not at all

Post Thanks / Like

At least you were out amongst em and had enough to fry up
    Crappie.......its whats for dinner!!

Post Thanks / Like

oh well at leat you got out and had a good time, better luck next time or the time after that. glad y'all got to enjoy your trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Sound like ya'll had a good time despite the slow bite,put loz on your list of things to do as hard as you guys fish i promise good results.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat 1 View Post
    At least you were out amongst em and had enough to fry up
    Spoken like a true politician.

Post Thanks / Like

smitty; on fathers day my brother, dad and myself went back up to twain. put in at southfork. pulled jigs and cranks in the middlefork, nothing. spiderrigged in the southfork around the mouth of mf, a few shorts. dad was hot from the sun so we headed for the shade of the bridge piers under 107 in the southfork, BINGO!! #3 pier on the north side gave up 2 of 3 limits in a couple hours. lots of shorts to sort out, but all keepers were over 10 with a few pushing 12. shad were jumping like crazy so we tried pulling cranks there, nada, zippo, zilch!! the color seemed to be white, bout 10 ft deep, nibbles were a must, and dad cleaned house on us young'ens with gulp minnow heads. the fishing will get better soon, let me know when the ssippi is right, I'll bring the boat & bait. cape aint too far away for kittycat or two.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by south point View Post
    smitty; on fathers day my brother, dad and myself went back up to twain. put in at southfork. pulled jigs and cranks in the middlefork, nothing. spiderrigged in the southfork around the mouth of mf, a few shorts. dad was hot from the sun so we headed for the shade of the bridge piers under 107 in the southfork, BINGO!! #3 pier on the north side gave up 2 of 3 limits in a couple hours. lots of shorts to sort out, but all keepers were over 10 with a few pushing 12. shad were jumping like crazy so we tried pulling cranks there, nada, zippo, zilch!! the color seemed to be white, bout 10 ft deep, nibbles were a must, and dad cleaned house on us young'ens with gulp minnow heads. the fishing will get better soon, let me know when the ssippi is right, I'll bring the boat & bait. cape aint too far away for kittycat or two.
    WTG, Gotta watch those Dad's. They'll put it on ya everytime. LOL. Glad ya's had a good time. Headed up monday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast