Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake of the Ozarks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake of the Ozarks

I have visited this site a couple of times as a guest and thought I should finally get involved. Looks like there are several people are here that know what they are talking about.

A buddy and I are heading to the Lake of the Ozarks this weekend. Does anyone know what area the fish are hitting in and what they are using?
    "They call me The Crappie Menace."

Post Thanks / Like

dont have a clue on fishing loz but welcome to the site and good luck on fishing LOZ, there have been a few post by bug man on where he is catching, something about the glaze early in the mornings. might try looking up some of his last few days post, good luck again.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome to the real deal

Lots of good info and help on this, enjoy your stay and post your results sometime.......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site, DABE. Ive got a weekend place on LOZ at the 61mm. Haven't been out in about 10 days. At that time it was slow. Spider rigging 5-7 ft deep over 10-12ft at the entrances to coves was the best. Black and chartruese and blue and chartruese seemed to be the color choice. Water was heavily stained. Never could put together a limit.By now they've probably moved to the main lake or channel edges. Hope this helps. Good Luck!
    Even a blind pig finds an acorn now and then.......

Post Thanks / Like

I don't fish LOZ very often, but welcome to the site.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DABE View Post
    Looks like there are several people are here that know what they are talking about.
    I heard that some time back there WERE a few people on here that knew what they were doing when it came to crappie catchin', but I guess they must have left. Those that are left are entertaining though. :D

Just Kidding - I've learned quite a bit from the guys and gals on here, and made some good friends along the way.

RE: LOZ - I have not been down there in too many weeks to give an accurate report, but I'm sure Bugs or one of the fellows from LOZ will weigh in with some advice here shortly. Good luck, and have fun!
    Teach your kids to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt for your kids !!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

never fished LOZ but welsome from s.e.mo

Post Thanks / Like

First of all, welcome.

As far as LOZ goes, a lot matters on where you are on the lake. Bugman would be considered an authority on LOZ overall. I also place a lot of stock in what you will hear from Mr. Baker, Pineapple Slap, Jackpot, Old Fuzzy, Mark Lo (where have you been Mark, BTW?) among others. There are a lot of good LOZ people on here whose opinion I value.

I fish mainly in the Glaize. Last weekend I fished our docks and caught small fish. Shad are running in open waters and in the back of coves (hence all of the white bass trollers) and I believe the bigger crappie are out there with them. That being said, I've done very well there in July. Jigging over deeper brush piles, 12-18 FOW, has worked well that time of year.

But again, share with us where you are on the lake. Things vary tremendously from the Glaize to the Gravois to the Niangua, etc. It's a great lake with some very good fish, but the more info you can give us, the more we can help. Glad you're here!
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

I mainly fish the Gravios arm. I have an uncle with a house down there and it makes it pretty easy to pull up to his dock to clean fish rather than taking the mess back home with ya.
    "They call me The Crappie Menace."

Post Thanks / Like

You're in big crappie country up there,i'm not fishin up there right now i can't seem to leave the glaize but if i were i'd head for the shallow water in the backs of indian and little gravois creeks early in the day and as the sun got overhead i'd head for docks and look for the darkest area i could get a jig in,be patient you're gonna have to fish alot of docks to find the good ones but i promise you they're there.......good luck and just about any Bobby Garland product is killer on the gravios.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast