Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MY Place Fatboy

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default MY Place Fatboy

Checked with the kids. No one is coming to visit. Lets plan on spending the night at my place at the river, that is if you can make it up Friday 12. Seems like there is a shortage of places to stay, so I invited Moose and Jerry Blake to join us if they wish as they seemed intrested in coming to the tourney. Wish I had more space to invite others, but you can only put so much s*** in one bag.

My boat or yours? Mine has 40 Mariner. It will get the job done, but slow if we have to move around. You call the shot.

Cane Pole
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I had rather go in yours because your more familiar with the water , but if you think we will need to move around quiet a bit, i will bring mine. Still checking on rooms , but if i strike out i may have to take you up on that offer. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Fatboy,
    You may try Howell's Resort. It is just down the road 5-10 miles at the most. It is not the nicest or newest place, but it is cheap and will keep the rain off for the most part. It had good food in the grocery/restaurant part also. I stayed there for a week in the Spring while fishing. It is real close to Buchanan Resort. I'll get you a telephone number if you need it. Todd
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboy
    I had rather go in yours because your more familiar with the water , but if you think we will need to move around quiet a bit, i will bring mine. Still checking on rooms , but if i strike out i may have to take you up on that offer. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Cane Pole:
    Your invite is might nice and friendly. I am not really sure if I will be there or not. A lot depends on the weather. I sure miss fishing KY for a week at a time. Dad and I use to always rent a cabin for a week at a time twice a year down there. But after he had his stroke we stopped fishing KY lake. He was paralized for 8 years before he finally passed away right before the 911 event. Since that time I have been fishing by myself mainly or once in a while with Larry from Southern IN at Patoka Lake. Last year I took my mom down to KY Lake since she didn't want me to drive down there all by myself. You know how moms can be. She even went out and fished with me during the tournament and caught the biggest crappie between the two of us. I accidently trolled over one of the local guys brush piles and that was when she hooked into a nice 1.38lb White Crappie. Now I would love to come back down and catch a mess of those slabs but will have to check the check book and the weather before I can commit. I may end up spending money that I don't have and use the credit card to make the trip.

Dad was a teacher too. He taught grade school and High School for well over 30 years. Sometimes I wonder why I didn't follow him into the profession. Maybe that is where I missed the boat.

What I would love to do is hire Richard for a day to fish with me but man I just can't afford to do that. The next best thing would be to buy the maps that Pat Hahn made of Big Sandy and use them with my GPS and OziExplorer to find some nice spots to fish. Hopefully someday Pat will do the side scans of Big Sandy and help us locate all the stumps and brush piles that are on the lake bottom.

Thank you so much for the nice offer. I will have to let you know if I am coming though. If the weather nice and calm and warm I will try very hard to make the trip. I just don't handle the cold very well anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    Checked with the kids. No one is coming to visit. Lets plan on spending the night at my place at the river, that is if you can make it up Friday 12. Seems like there is a shortage of places to stay, so I invited Moose and Jerry Blake to join us if they wish as they seemed intrested in coming to the tourney. Wish I had more space to invite others, but you can only put so much s*** in one bag.

My boat or yours? Mine has 40 Mariner. It will get the job done, but slow if we have to move around. You call the shot.

Cane Pole
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Default This ain't were I live, but

This is our weekend getaway place, not our residence. No one will be inruding on my "private" life.
    At my age, I don't need much privacy anyhow ( just the jon and toilet paper). lol
    You are more than welcome to come if you wish.
    Let me know.

Fatboy, we will take my boat then. Save you the haul.
    If you decide to stay with me, we will leave from my boatdock. If you decide to stay somewhere else, I can pick you up at Mansard Island or maybe Springville Pump House boat ramp.

Cane Pole

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Cane Pole:

Where is your boat dock located? If I were to come down for more than one day of fishing would it be oK? That may change my plans considerably. I am really wanting to catch a few nice crappie if only to see what it feels like to have a big one on two of my new fishing poles. I have not caught any large crappie on my BnM12 ft jig pole or my Richard Williams 7.5 ft pole. The largest crappie that I caught this year was only 10" long and only weighted about half a pound. I caught that one of my 5.5 ft Bass Pro Shop ultralight graphite pole that I have had for about 15 years now. Now that pole is an ultralight graphite pole and when I started using that pole I almost stopped fishing with my other rods. LOL I had so much fun trying to catch 2lb bass and small fish on the ultralight that other than fly fishing rods I put my other rods away for many years.

My boat is a 16 ft Fishermarine Water Strider III with a 35HP Johnson Outboard on it.

For some reason I am getting the impression that your summer lodge is right on the lake by your boat dock. Where is the nearest ramp? Are you near Sulfur Creek?

We can get details worked out hopefully If I come down to stay there.

Lets pray for nice weather.

Been looking at those Rain Suites in the Cabelas and Bass Pro Shop Catalogs but they want about 450 bucks for the jacket and Bibs that I want. Those have goretex outerwear to stop the rain and thinsulate insulation to keep you warm without a lot of bulk. They are nice looking too and I imagine that they would work well in March and Early April as well as in Dec. Right now my other winter cloths are too small for me to fit into other than my good coats but I don't want to wear a good coat fishing. I need some fishing cloths that actaually fit me and that I can get dirty and not worry about. The other coats are dress coats and I need to keep them clean and make them last. My old jump suit that I use to wear is way too cold and not water proof. My cabelas rain suits are too small now. The tops barely fit but the bottoms are impossible for me to get into anymore. LOL Darn too many beers and fast food over the last ten years. I need XL and all I have around this house is Large sizes. I know I need to loose weight and am trying but it's getting harder and harder as I get older. Seem that is just keeps getting bigger , the waist line that is. LOL

I know that Jerry is wanting to fish Thursday, Friday, Saturday and maybe even Sunday. Sounds like he is making a mini vaction out of this trip. I don't blame him as that is what I would do also. LOL. It's nice to be able to fish a new lake especially when Richard Williams helps him find some nice spots.

Wish I could tag along with some of the locals someday too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    This is our weekend getaway place, not our residence. No one will be inruding on my "private" life.
    At my age, I don't need much privacy anyhow ( just the jon and toilet paper). lol
    You are more than welcome to come if you wish.
    Let me know.

Fatboy, we will take my boat then. Save you the haul.
    If you decide to stay with me, we will leave from my boatdock. If you decide to stay somewhere else, I can pick you up at Mansard Island or maybe Springville Pump House boat ramp.

Cane Pole
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Default where the heck am I?

There are two boat ramps near my place (within 2 miles). One is Pleasant View Resort, the other is Britton Ford. Both are good ramps. No facilities at either (pee on the tires). My address is 1005 Timberlake Road, Springville, Tn. Can't never remember the zip. Can't even remember the phone no. at the lake. I just pay the bills. lol. Go to terraserver.com and type in this address and you will find where I am located. You can go to several mapmakers on the internet and get maps as to how to get to my place.

I have never been to Hidden Creek Campground. Obviously, no reason to go. It is somewhere around Mansard Island. MI is about a 15-20 minute boat ride from my place (in my boat). By land, MI is about 45-60 minutes.

Moose, my boat dock is about 200 feet from my front porch. We have a launch, but the water is too low this time of the year to "put in". I will launch at Pleasant Resort, and cruise to my boat dock Friday 12 (and not sleep til go time).

Fatboy, we can take my pontoon if you want. It is tied at the boat dock, ready to go. I don't care what I fish from. I don't care if win something or not. Just doing IT is all it is about!!!!

Cane Pole

Post Thanks / Like

Default Howell's

Quote Originally Posted by crappiehunter
    Fatboy,
    You may try Howell's Resort. It is just down the road 5-10 miles at the most. It is not the nicest or newest place, but it is cheap and will keep the rain off for the most part. It had good food in the grocery/restaurant part also. I stayed there for a week in the Spring while fishing. It is real close to Buchanan Resort. I'll get you a telephone number if you need it. Todd
    Fatboy-I stayed there last fall. Nothing fancy unless you get one of the new trailers. I was by myself stayed in ap't. People can say what they want but the food at the diner was great. One night when I got there it was homemade beef stew, another night it was deer chili. The breakfast is a killer. I've never seen omlets that big. Healthy, floating in butter, just like home. I was there a week and ate all meals there.
    I'm staying at Mansard Island this year the week of the Tee-Zur. If it gets foggy I want to be at the ramp.
    Good LucK- If you see someone there with a Salmon Unlimited cap thats me. I chase salmon all summer, Lake Michigan Clay

Post Thanks / Like

Shoot moose, you ain't a fatboy unless there are a few x's in front of large.

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOL Well I have one X and that is too many LOL

I have to remember my high blood pressure medicine every time I got out of town or stay overnight someplace.

I know where mansford island resort is but am not familar with where cane pole lives. I will have to look up his address on the internet and figure out how to get there if I come down.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy
    Shoot moose, you ain't a fatboy unless there are a few x's in front of large.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast