Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: O2 vs H2O

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up O2 vs H2O

Last year I had a very hard time keeping crappie alive in the heat of the summer in the live well and minnows alive in the bait bucket. I started taking a cooler with ice (H20), but in was a mess. The fish flopping around left a mess all over the inside of the cooler at the end of the day. Not to mention the expense and hassle with ice. This winter I received a 12-volt Marine Metal Products Power Bubbles (O2) and it has worked great at keeping fish alive in the live well and bait fresh. Today surface temps were 84-deg and after 8 hours in the live well, all 17 keepers were very lively when I got home. Also, not one minnow died in the bucket. The Power Bubbles has two separate hoses and two air-stones. I ran a toggle switch to the front of the boat for easy on/off access. I keep one hose in with the fish and one in with the minnows. I no longer have the headache of dying fish or the expense of D-cell batteries. It is very quiet and only draws 1/4 amp. Hope this helps.
    Nightprowler64

Increase the capacity of up to 2 livewells by saturating the water with oxygen from this quiet, powerful 12V air pump. Operates on 1/4 amp. Can be wired directly to boat panel. Complete kit includes pump with 6' power cord and copper battery clips, 10' airline tubing, antisiphon valves and large air stones.
    Cabela's -- Marine Metal Products Power Bubbles

Post Thanks / Like

I need to try one of those.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great...I freeze water in 20 oz. bottles and toss a few of those in the live well and one in the bait bucket as the day warms up. They stay well frozen in my drink cooler with crushed ice keeping the diet Pepsi cold until I need them later in the day This might be a help as well.