Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rathbun It Is

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Rathbun It Is

It's carved in stone, after several beers alot of talk and several more beers. The decision was made, Rathbun 2nd or 3rd weekend in May. Myself and 3 buddies for 3 or 4 days of crappie chasin. Is our timing about right, I know alot depends on the weatherman. Heard (Bridgeport?) was a good place to camp anyone verify that? A campfire and a place to set a tent and a lawn chair is all we need. Been kickin this trip around for 2 yrs. and it's finally gonna happen!!!! izzy:D :D

Post Thanks / Like

Bridgeview Izzy. I'd think you'll do good with the time line you picked. If this was a year of normal weather, I'd like the dates you chose. But, who the heck knows what the weather will be like at that time?
    They'll either be staging, spawning, or dropping back to deeper water. Either way, you'll catch fish. And I see a banner year for big ones this year.
    Luck to ya.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Herb, I been wantin to get up there forever. Know some folks that go every year, they're gonna mark me up a map. I can't wait to get there...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

May 20 is Crappiemasters tournament on rathbun. Good timing...
    Fishing is a way of life. Teach your grandchildren to fish, hunt and enjoy the outdoors

Post Thanks / Like

I just found that out wed. night, oh well. I'm thinkin it's gonna be pretty crowded but were going anyway 19th thru 21st. Just have to fish hard and long fri. and maybe take it easy sat. and watch the pro's while we're fishin. The reservations are already made so it's to late to change now. Heck, if the fishin's good we might stay another day or two...izzy

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We are planning a trip the same weekend. Can't decide there or going to Icaria, Three Mile, Green valley area. I have heard good things about both. Any advise would be helpful. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Dont forget about Little River or West Lake Osceola.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey prchjerker, that reminds me of a question. I've heard and read that Rathbun is no place to be in high winds. Just in case, is there any places to fish if the wind gets to bad. Got some maps ordered but they have'nt showed up yet...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Izzy,

You can always try Lake Miami if the wind is too bad on Rathbun. It is North of Albia a few miles. Usually, even if the wind is bad you can tuck out of the way somewhere and get some good fish. You are going down during a prime time to fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Waygate, man i'm chompin at the bit...izzy

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast