Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Roosevelt

Post Thanks / Like

Default Roosevelt

Fished it for the last two Sundays in a row. Caught very few fish. Both times we caught 2 crappie a couple of bass, small cats, and a couple of bluegill. We fished across from schoolhouse the first time and then further up the river channel the second time. Guess I need someone to show me where the fish are on that lake. It is beautiful but driving 2 hours to get smoked just isn't worth it. Reminds me of how much practice i need at becoming a better fisherman.

azslabber is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I say learn the closer lakes and where to fish and catch all the time.Then when you go to Rosey it will become much easier and well worth the drive.The fish are there,but it is a big lake full of water.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, my buddy wanted to hit Apache the second time but I figured we should give Rosy a second shot in case the first time was a fluke. Oh well. I was going to try to hit Sag tonight but I think my wife and kids want to have a picnic at the urban lake instead. Maybe I can land another fat carp on a kastmaster LOL

azslabber is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats the bad thing about living out here.A little to long at the lake can kill you,lol.Then if you wait a little to long to go out to beat the heat you can't really see where you were.lol.Why don't you take a can of corn and get one of them girls on a tug of war.lol.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Post Thanks / Like

The last couple years have been tough for catching crappie at Rosey.

Try Windy Hill on the west side down where the trees are and where the boats idle through when they are heading west from the launch. Watch your depth finder to locate the shad.

Good luck,

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, well if I decide to head up there again I will give it a shot by windy hill. So many other lakes with better potential that unless I hear the fishing is HOT! then I probably won't be going up there without someone in the know. Thanks for the tip though.

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean. If you go to Windy Hill, talk with the camp hosts there. "Boots" is the mans name there and he knows what going on with the bass and crappie.

I'm not planning on going to Rosey for awhile as I'm heading to Willow Springs for smallmouth and it should be right on now. This has been a tuff year at Rosey.

Later