Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hello From West Volusia!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello From West Volusia!

Hello to all! Glad to have found this board. Anyhow, I live and fish in West Volusia Co. I Live about 5 minutes from French landing(on the river) and 15 from lake Monroe.I love fishing for speck, and devote most of my time on the water to it.I spend most of my time on small local lakes and around Franch landing and Blue Springs as my only vessel is a canoe at this time. I typically only use artificials(mainly jigs), many of which my G/f and I make. Here is a picture of me after a recent trip to a lake in the Lake Helen/Cassadaga area..
    We brought home 16 keepers, the smallest being just over 10 inches. Anyhow, looking forward to meeting everyone!
    Will

moody Guest

nice mess of specks.nice shirt too.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Will, So glad to see something from Volusia. I'm from near Macon, GA. I used to come to Volusia Bar about 3 times a year. Fished in Mud Lake, Blue Creek, Monroe and Dexter. During that time we only fished artificials about 3' under a cork. We spent ou time casting and catching Specks. We went out on Lake Geo. a few times to the bombing range and drifted with minnows, caught a lot of Specks. in April we would go up to Lake Dexter for Shell Cracker. All this was probably before you were born. Maybe you can find the Shell Crackers this year, then we can get to meet a local fisherman.Thanks for the pic and the report.

Post Thanks / Like

Yjwill, i live in sanford about a mile from monroe..have fished monroe and the river for 50 plus years and have caught some fine bass out there also..right now they are limiting out on the specks in the river..
    motor

"Just an ole sinner saved by grace."

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Good Lookin Fish---what Times The Fish Fry ???
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Nice mess of fish good picture. Where is the fish fry. lol
    Today is a great day

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! They're already eaten, but there will be more to come. If I don't end up working tommorow I will probably get out somewhere...