Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trailor light problem need help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trailor light problem need help

First let me start by saying that I don't know anything much about wiring or electrical issues, so any help would be appreciated. My problem is that I cannot get my running lights to work on my boat trailer. The brake lights and blinkers work just fine, but no running lights. I think I have a seven prong outlet with four prong adapter. Trailer wiring and lights are new thanks to my dog, so what do ya'll think the problem is? I have got to get this fixed before sombody runs into my motor or I get a ticket.Somebody help!!

3GD

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have a tester that you can check the wires from your truck?Also what kind of truck are you pulling it with?

Post Thanks / Like

do GOOGLE search for ( trailer light wiring) you will get all directions yoyu need, I did and was easy to wire up

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a tester but could get one, I drive a 2001 chevy 4x4. I think I understand what i would be testing but could somebody make it clear? And I suppose just the fact that all my lights on the truck are working would not nec. mean that trailor lights should also work, right? Thanks for the help.
    3GD

EAST TENN. DOUGLAS CHEROKEE LOUDON TELLICO WATTS BAR
    Post Thanks / Like

the wire for your running lights will be either a black or brown wire

Post Thanks / Like

Its brown , but what I don't know is when I test, and it shows bad then what? I have checked all the fuses in the panel that show to be on the circuit and also the main fuse under the hood. I don't understand where the problem could be.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you have a fuse blown. Bad to happen on Chev. Look for a 15 amp mini fuse blown . I think your panel is right beside the drivers door.

Post Thanks / Like

Test it first, if it doesnt show 12 volts with your runing lights on, the problem is on the truck of course and not the trailer. If it has no voltage, check the connection to the truck wiring harness.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Charger I'll get me a tester and check it out.When you say connection at the wiring harness are you talking about under the hood or where? Like I said i'm ignorant about wiring and electrical systems.

3GD

Post Thanks / Like

The plug on your truck bumper where you plug the trailer lights in. It should plug into you truck rear harness. If you lay under the truck, you should see where it is tied in to the harness.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast