Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pecks Bridge Lake Lanier

Morphine Guest

Default Pecks Bridge Lake Lanier

Ran by Pecks Bridge early this morning and accidently left all of my tackle at home. So I bass fished a little with my buddy that lives near by to make the most of the trip. This fishing report has been decent for the past couple of weekends at the bridge. There is a couple of miles of brush located a stones throw from the bridge that look to be excellent crappie potential. Hope this help you out GMpartsman.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pecks bridge

Thanks Morphine. Will try to get out there Saturday night or Sunday morning.

Morphine Guest

Let me know how you do. I plan on heading back up there as soon as I can get some free time.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pecks bridge

Put in at Pecks bridge around 5:30pm and went above the bridge into the cove to do a little scouting and fishing. No luck there. A quick shower blew up so we ducked under the bridge and started to fish the shoreline next to the bridge. Tracy had been fishing with a minnow in the cove so when we moved he let the line hang over the edge of the boat with the minnow just in the water. While we were fishing the shoreline with jigs a small bass (5-6") tried to run off with the minnow and hooked himself. Tracy's only fish for the night.
    We tied off under the bridge just before dark and got ready for the action. The wind was suppose to die down to 5-10mph. I think it got down to about 30mph. I caught 3 tater chips total. No bait fish coming to the light, very few fish came under the bridge. The ones that did were at 8-10ft. water temp 68.0. At about 10:00 a wind gust snapped the front tie off line and we took that as an omen and headed home. Did I mention it was getting cold?
    Beat us this time but we will be back