Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rotton fish...pic

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rotton fish...pic

This sucker won't get another free lunch. Broke my Same Heaton super sensitive whilst setting the hook on this dirty rotten scoundrel. The pole broke at the joint where the tip piece inserts into the other half (whatever it is called).

I was Ky rigged using 6 pound Suffix tangerine line and a 1/2 ounce bell weight.

The break is clean but my pants ain't yet...

Fish is still attached since Saturday morning during our Ladies tournament. I guess I need to send the pole and all attached to the China shop from whence it came.

First time I ever broke a pole at this location on the pole.

Good pic of the blow fly too.:p
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

sorry to hear about your pole

Post Thanks / Like

There's a Catfish waitin' for his dinner outside your back door!

Post Thanks / Like

thats to bad CP we have 4 of thous rods 2 9fters and 2 10 fters the wife landed a 14in. white bass last night, lot of fun in the dark! BnM has good customer service maybe worth sending back

A gun, like any other source of power, is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it
    From an old movie I saw

Post Thanks / Like

whoa! how did you mistake this for live?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Tom:

It looks like a new pole since you still have the plastic over the cork. If it is, BnM will make it right. The only way that fish could have broke the pole at the joint is if the pole was defective or got dinged somewhere along the line in shipping/handling. If it was defective BnM will make it right. I've been using Sam Heatons for years and the only ones that have broken were obviously abused - slammed in a hatch lid or something similar. We've caught stripers up to 13-pounds on the Heatons.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

I never take the plastic off of my rods. They stay clean and looking like new that way. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake View Post
    Hey Tom:

It looks like a new pole since you still have the plastic over the cork. If it is, BnM will make it right. The only way that fish could have broke the pole at the joint is if the pole was defective or got dinged somewhere along the line in shipping/handling. If it was defective BnM will make it right. I've been using Sam Heatons for years and the only ones that have broken were obviously abused - slammed in a hatch lid or something similar. We've caught stripers up to 13-pounds on the Heatons.
    Or if you didn't seat the ferrule (joint) all the way. See if they'll take it back. I would take the fish off it first though. :D

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver View Post
    I never take the plastic off of my rods. They stay clean and looking like new that way. EB
    Beav, you & Tom probably still have clear plastic seat covers on your 47 Chevys...:D:D:D
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

I have had that happen to me twice this year. The first time I called BnM and they sent me a tip 30.00 which included freight, The second time was less than two months later and pole broke above joint dragging a 2lb crappie over a floating log. I called BnM and told them what happened and asked about warranty. I then explained that this was the second time and that I still had the reciept and shipping tube. I was told to ship the tip to them with address and phone number with brief explanation as to how it broke. Within three days I had a new tip. Great service,
    First liar never has a chance!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast